• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of those rare matches where tennis is going to win either way.

Nishikori is one of the most promising young players on the tour. He's been red-hot during the clay season and just made the top 10.

Unfortunately Kei had bad luck with the draw and has to play against Gulbis, the Real World No. 8 on the 1st round. Gulbis is an inconsistent player but when he's on, he can blow anybody off the court with his powerful groundstrokes.

This is gonna be an awesome match. My pick is Kei in 3.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Gulbis is getting closer and closer to that 8th place, he's 12th in the live rankings already (Race)

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i think ernie has a chance here, this is a slower clay than madrid and barcelona. plus kei may not be 100%..he might not even play at all

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Tennis loses either way as it's disgusting that one of these players will have to go out in the first round when there are lots of mugs who play each other and are guaranteed to make at least the second round.

That said, this is too soon to call - we will have to see what Kei does in Madrid - is he healthy? is he losing or winning today? will he even play Rome? But Gulbis will definitely like his chances as he has had some great results in Rome, he seems to be in good form and hopefully will have learnt something from their previous meeting. Not going to make a prediction just yet.

·
Banned
5,740 Posts
Kei to take out the trash in 2 sets unless he is too tired from Madrid.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
kei has only played rome once in his career , that was last year and he got trashed by chardy in the second round. I dont think he likes it there that much

·
Registered
223 Posts
Tennis loses either way pusher vs servebot, Hopefully Kei loses can't stand him...

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
i dont think nishikori will play rome...

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Nishikori withdrew, Gulbis will face Falla in round 1.

·
Registered
649 Posts
With Nishikori's injury Gulbis is now clearly the favorite. He may even get a w/o.

Edit: Didn't see the previous message about Nishikori withdrawing. Gulbis will be favored against his replacement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.