Mens Tennis Forums banner

WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gulbis didn't do too much wrong in their recent meeting in Madrid. Just hit little bit too many UEs and was outplayed on big points. Also he was really struggling early to pick up on Ferrer's service - he won just 3 points on return from first 4 Ferrer's service games - that obviously allowed Spaniard to settle more easy and put all of the pressure on Gulbis service. I don't like Gulbis' chances here, especially after what I saw from him today. If GOATbis doesn't make an apperance then this will be pretty straightforward win for Ferrer.

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
Ferrer in 2 with RG 4th seed in sight..Gulbis was so-so against Robert..David will return him into oblivion this time easily..Still won comfortably even in the altitude of Madrid..

·
Registered
21,404 Posts
A Ferrer - Djokovic match on clay has been long overdue, so Gulbis will win.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Not great from Ernie think he will improve, however Ferrer played excellently against him last week so should take this really.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Sadly, Ferrer in 3

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
The court here might give Gulbis more time to set up his groundstrokes but with Ferrer's returning completely exposing Kukushkin and Gulbis' sluggish performance today I'd be surprised if Gulbis won.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Ferrer is playing more aggressively than Gulbis who seems to just servebot and push the ball around the court. Ferrer should take this in 2. :yeah:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
either I am happy.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
They played each five days ago.

After Gulbis form in match with Robert - Ferrer in easy two.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Ferru with another act of heroism against the forces of evil, hopefully.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
ferrer to win, sadly...

·
Registered
6,828 Posts
Ferrer won with no trouble against Gulbis in Madrid. Gulbis was playing great yet he lost to Ferrer in 2. Now Gulbis doesn't look like he's playing well and the court is slower here in Rome which is better for Ferrer. Therefore, Gulbis in 3.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts