Mens Tennis Forums banner

What will wee see?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWW Rome R2: Fabio "The Fogmonster" Fognini vs Grigor "The Moment" Dimitrov?

Will Fogman get revenge for Madrid? :rocker2:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Re: WWW Rome R2: Fabio "The Fogmonster" Fognini vs Grigor "The Moment" Dimitrov?

Heart says Fog in 3. Head says Bulgaria in 3.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Re: WWW Rome R2: Fabio "The Fogmonster" Fognini vs Grigor "The Moment" Dimitrov?

Hopefully Fog will put on the show in front of Roman crowd :yeah:

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

This is the next Berdych-Anderson of the tour.

·
Registered
16,671 Posts

Will Fogman get revenge for Madrid? :rocker2:
He will, this time. Fognini will take this match seriously for a change.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts

Again?

Fognini's punishment for beating Nadal.

Reactions: SHOKAN

·
Registered
11,766 Posts

Grigor to continue his dominance of The Fog. Grigor in 2. :yeah:

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think both have raised their level playing each other, so I expect a high quality match with 2 TBs. Grigor in 3.

·
Bring it Home
20,351 Posts

Well, both players know exactly what to expect, since they already played it twice during this clay season.

The Fogmeister has the advantage of playing at home (possibly at night with a packed crowd, with also Federer in the mix for the Wednesday's night match), but I don't know if this is actually an advantage. He usually gets nervous under pressure and also Hotshotmitrov tends to play near his best in front of packed crowds.

Hopefully both play like in the 3rd set of Madrid, cause that was the best set of clay tennis of the year so far.

Fognini never reached R16 in Rome and Dull is too far behind in the draw, so I think most likely Dimitrov will win another tight match.

·
Registered
29,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The match to look forward to tomorrow :rocker2:

·
Registered
68,100 Posts

diva if fognini doesnt care enough about this

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

On paper it's the place where Fabio would have the best head start - slowish clay and home crowd.

But it would still depend on him to capitalize.

Last year's semi finalist, against the guy who never made it past second round, with a 2-0 H2H in last month.

Fabio seems to be more nervous with the crowd's expectation toward him, so this won't help much.

Grigor in 2

·
Registered
1,015 Posts

This is a tight one. The fog almost beat him in Madrid he was dictating everything and on control of the match. Hopefully with the help of the crowd fognini will take this in 3. Also, the fog never reached Rome's 3rd round before (8 attempts, but tomorrow everything change :) This is the match of the day hopefully it'll be as good as it is on paper.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Fognini is making some of the best back hand shots (barely clearing the net) that I have seen in tennis this year on clay. This is a great match vs Dimitrov. But my favorite is Fognini.

·
Registered
258 Posts

This is a tight one. The fog almost beat him in Madrid he was dictating everything and on control of the match. Hopefully with the help of the crowd fognini will take this in 3. Also, the fog never reached Rome's 3rd round before (8 attempts, but tomorrow everything change :) This is the match of the day hopefully it'll be as good as it is on paper.
I think we have a contemporary rivalry here. And a good one that will last their entire careers. These two want to beat on each other.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,537 Posts

I think we have a contemporary rivalry here. And a good one that will last their entire careers. These two want to beat on each other.
Akin to Raonic-Nishikori

Fascinating matchup never fails to provide some form of entertainment.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts