WWW ?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Shapovalov here.

Shapovalov is a talented shotmaker although I can't really see him winning multiple Slam titles. I can see him winning a few ATP 1000 titles with a Slam final appearance or two.

Djokovic in easy 3.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I can agree with the analysis that Shapovalov was a talented shotmaker, however he is just too inconsistent and too error-ridden to pose a threat to someone like Novak, even if it is in the early rounds.

Djokovic in 2.

·
justice for all
13,149 Posts
Well, normally Djokovic would win in easy 2 sets - bearing in mind the surface, the achievements and recent form.

But, Denis showed signs of improvement in his last match. This won't be enough to win vs Djokovic in this form but if the Serb just slightly lowers his level then we might be in for an upset.

I predict Djokovic in 2 but would be happy to get surprised by Denis' win. Come on, man!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Well, normally Djokovic would win in easy 2 sets - bearing in mind the surface, the achievements and recent form.

But, Denis showed signs of improvement in his last match. This won't be enough to win vs Djokovic in this form but if the Serb just slightly lowers his level then we might be in for an upset.

I predict Djokovic in 2 but would be happy to get surprised by Denis' win. Come on, man!
Best case scenario for you is Shapo loses in 3 sets. Worst case scenario would be 'utterly exhausted' Thiem losing to Verdasco and Fed being ground to dust by his opponent. Djokovic then goes on to win the tournament, battling past a coterie of nobodies while you scream at your television and then into the void; your neighbours complain to the police, who arrive at your door to find you tearing at the curtains with nails you've neglected to cut in over 2 months. Someone, probably you, has taken chunks out of your decrepit sofa with their mouth. The police note the bite marks and saliva. You're frothing at the mouth. The police have you committed, and after a lengthy consultation process with various doctors, you're taken away to spend the rest of your life in a padded cell. Just then, the television in the mental hospital flickers to life. Djokovic has been crowned the champion of Roland Garros for the 2nd time, and has cemented his legacy as the greatest player to ever grace the Earth.

Hope for the best.

·
justice for all
13,149 Posts
Best case scenario for you is Shapo loses in 3 sets. Worst case scenario would be 'utterly exhausted' Thiem losing to Verdasco and Fed being ground to dust by his opponent. Djokovic then goes on to win the tournament, battling past a coterie of nobodies while you scream at your television and then into the void; your neighbours complain to the police, who arrive at your door to find you tearing at the curtains with nails you've neglected to cut in over 2 months. Someone, probably you, has taken chunks out of your decrepit sofa with their mouth. The police note the bite marks and saliva. You're frothing at the mouth. The police have you committed, and after a lengthy consultation process with various doctors, you're taken away to spend the rest of your life in a padded cell. Just then, the television in the mental hospital flickers to life. Djokovic has been crowned the champion of Roland Garros for the 2nd time, and has cemented his legacy as the greatest player to ever grace the Earth.

Hope for the best.
Well, sounds like a real nightmare scenario. I also hope for the best but looks like our "bests" don't really match, do they?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The match will be a good gauge of how much Novak wants this tournament. If he wants to spend time with his family and rest up for Roland Garros, he just needs to go into passive mode for 2 hours.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Worst case scenario would be ...
Worst case scenario for any Fed fan is Roger getting injured and never returning to the game. If that happens, tennis blanches instantly and an icy breeze scours the courts and rattles the net posts all across the world. An energy that has sustained the sport and fed the exploits of other players is sucked out of the game, never to return. Then fans of all players see with horror how much the glory of the era rested on the shoulders of the Atlas who bore it all.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Worst case scenario for any Fed fan is Roger getting injured and never returning to the game. If that happens, tennis blanches instantly and an icy breeze scours the courts and rattles the net posts all across the world. An energy that has sustained the sport and fed the exploits of other players is sucked out of the game, never to return. Then fans of all players see with horror how much the glory of the era rested on the shoulders of the Atlas who bore it all.
LOL I have never seen the cultish mindset of the fed fan so well represented! I know you're kidding (otherwise, you are insane) and it's a very well written, so I have enjoyed this!

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
Denis doesn't stand a chance (unless Djok has slipped back into apathy mode) but it should be interesting to see. Denis did take a set off him at AO, which was an accomplishment.

I only saw a bit of the Busta match, but Busta looked really bad, so it's no sign Denis is improving at the moment.
Has Busta been injured?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I'm expecting Novak to get it done obviously, but I can see this being a decent match.

Novak in 2 close sets, 7-6, 6-4

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
As expected, the Rome organizers were much more kind to the champ and did schedule him for the prime time slot under the lights of Centrale.

Don't care about the outcome of this one ... just want to enjoy Djoko-Shapo tennis (And Novak to have good prep for RG).

AJDE !!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Worst case scenario would be 'utterly exhausted' Thiem losing to Verdasco and Fed being ground to dust by his opponent. Djokovic then goes on to win the tournament, battling past a coterie of nobodies while you scream at your television and then into the void; your neighbours complain to the police, who arrive at your door to find you tearing at the curtains with nails you've neglected to cut in over 2 months. Someone, probably you, has taken chunks out of your decrepit sofa with their mouth. The police note the bite marks and saliva. You're frothing at the mouth. The police have you committed, and after a lengthy consultation process with various doctors, you're taken away to spend the rest of your life in a padded cell. Just then, the television in the mental hospital flickers to life. Djokovic has been crowned the champion of Roland Garros for the 2nd time, and has cemented his legacy as the greatest player to ever grace the Earth.
This sounds like a normal day at Pepe's therapy clinic.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Match is on Shapovalov's racket, and he'll lose it by commiting easily 30+ UE. Probably final statline will be like 10 W, 35 UE for Denis and 8W 12 UE for Djokovic or something.

·
Premium Member
9,049 Posts
As expected, the Rome organizers were much more kind to the champ and did schedule him for the prime time slot under the lights of Centrale.

Don't care about the outcome of this one ... just want to enjoy Djoko-Shapo tennis (And Novak to have good prep for RG).

AJDE !!!!
I am not harassing you brate, when answering wrong in all your posts… but you are one of the rare posters I am interested in reading what they think, most of the others (Fedtards or Noletards) are boring me for different reasons and I am overlooking their posts.

Today should be rain washed out day in Roma so Nole should not play when scheduled at 19:30, and do not know how scheduled on Thursday.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

AJDE !!!!
Night sessions won't be so helpful imo, given how cold/rainy it is. Might even result in canceling the match/playing 2 rounds in the same day or less time to recuperate, like Tsitsipas got for Madrid final.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
I am not harassing you brate, when answering wrong in all your posts… but you are one of the rare posters I am interested in reading what they think, most of the others (Fedtards or Noletards) are boring me for different reasons and I am overlooking their posts.

Today should be rain washed out day in Roma so Nole should not play when scheduled at 19:30, and do not know how scheduled on Thursday.
Night sessions won't be so helpful imo, given how cold/rainy it is. Might even result in canceling the match/playing 2 rounds in the same day or less time to recuperate, like Tsitsipas got for Madrid final.
I hear you guys .. you are probably right. But still I like the good intention of the Rome organizers to schedule NOvak for prime time, contrary to Madrid where he was scheduled to play 3 matches in a row on a scorching sun (4 if Cilic didn't withdraw).

And the incoming scheduling mess in Rome will not matter since Novak doesn't want to win this title at all costs.
The objective here is to have 2 to 3 matches good practice on the slow "RG like" Coro Italico courts

1 - 20 of 30 Posts