Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Nishikori in 3

Votes: 9 15.8%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting match-up. I think Djokovic will win this but if Nishikori brings his best game it could be very interesting.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
WWW Rome QF: (1) Djokovic vs. (5) Nishikori

This will be a cracker, they played only once back in 2010 on clay in RG, Novak won it, though Nishikori is obviously a much better clay courter now.
I go with Novak in 3, a sure rollercoaster of a match. :lol:

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Re: WWW Rome QF: (1) Djokovic vs. (5) Nishikori

Nole to strategically tank.

We know why.

Depends on who wins Federer-Berdych though.

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts

Nole to strategically tank.

We know why.

Depends on who wins Federer-Berdych though.
Why strategically tank now when he can strategically tank the semi?

He hasn't been playing well. There's a very good chance he will legitimately lose this one.

·
Registered
11,194 Posts
Both Nole and Kei struggled in the first two rounds (R2 and R3)

But the feeling is that Kei's struggle was real and No1e was just warming up ....

No1e in two

·
6,610 Posts

Novak will take this in 2, determined to keep winning over Kei - who he has routed since after the USO.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts

novak in 2. kei is not playing well here at all. novak isnt at his best but novak's B game is so much better than kei's

·
Registered
18,098 Posts

Nishikori hasn't even lost a set to a 'big 3' player in the past 6 months, but I guess even the most legendary of streaks have to come to an end sometime.

Kei in 3

·
Registered
5,886 Posts

Nishikori was blowing out his arse in the Troicki match.

I don't think he has much left in the tank, but I'm still hopeful that he can save tennis.

·
Registered
365 Posts

As the tournament continues Djokovic raises his game.
I can not say that for Nishikori.
Joker in 2 6-4 , 6-4
Routine win for WN1

·
Registered
17,922 Posts

Nishikori was blowing out his arse in the Troicki match.
Was he? If you say so. :haha:

I don't think he has much left in the tank,
You underestimate here the Samurai spirit. They never give up, rather die on battlefield/tennis court.

but I'm still hopeful that he can save tennis.
Wasn't expecting any other way from a dedicated Djokovic-hater. Try to be more original next time.

·
Bring it Home
20,495 Posts

Tennis to lose either way, cause both are robotic players with zero variety and boring game. However, obviously Djokovic is representing tennis and humanity in this tournament, since with The Fog out, he is the better hope left to spank Dull in the final, so I expect him to play well and win.

Nishikori is currently ATP's biggest "leech". He built his ranking by winning MM's against the likes of Andujar and Querrey.

I can't remember him ever beating a top player who played well. He defeated Djokovic in USO, but was the worst Djokovic of the last 10 years during the USO. He defeated Federer two times when Federer played terrible.

When the good players play well, he usually loses badly. Like it happened against Wawrinka in AO 2005 or Murray last week. Also schooled by mediocre players like Isner and Lopez.

This match is tough to predict, if Djokovic plays well will be a beating, not even 6-0 6-0 can be discarded. But if he plays bad, then Nishikori game based on table tennis with strange stroke technique and zero pace, but with deep shots can bother Nole.

·
Registered
4,004 Posts

Nole in 2. Unfortunately Kei looks mentally/physically tired.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts

Tennis to lose either way, cause both are robotic players with zero variety and boring game. However, obviously Djokovic is representing tennis and humanity in this tournament, since with The Fog out, he is the better hope left to spank Dull in the final, so I expect him to play well and win.

Nishikori is currently ATP's biggest "leech". He built his ranking by winning MM's against the likes of Andujar and Querrey.

I can't remember him ever beating a top player who played well. He defeated Djokovic in USO, but was the worst Djokovic of the last 10 years during the USO. He defeated Federer two times when Federer played terrible.

When the good players play well, he usually loses badly. Like it happened against Wawrinka in AO 2005 or Murray last week. Also schooled by mediocre players like Isner and Lopez.

This match is tough to predict, if Djokovic plays well will be a beating, not even 6-0 6-0 can be discarded. But if he plays bad, then Nishikori game based on table tennis with strange stroke technique and zero pace, but with deep shots can bother Nole.
:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,181 Posts

Apocalypse is coming

When two of the biggest pushers collapse one against another there is no way out. Only way tennis can be saved is if the upper side of the draw is disqualified.

Going to go with $beforechildren..ovic in 3.

Reactions: 17-6-302

·
Registered
8,384 Posts

Slade says that Nishikori is a ballbasher, while ShanksBboy says that he is a pusher.
Too good this Nishikori :worship:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts