Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who is your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
The match is scheduled at 16.00, not so fair toward Tsitsipas, he has just completed his match against Fognini.

Organizers are pushing for a Fedal in semi.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The kid from Athens has been impressive against Fabio, so Stefanos will win it, Federer will be tired, the quest for a first Rome title has been ended by the circumstances of the tournament (heavy rain yesterday, double duty today with a long match against Coric, easy matches for Rafa, who won't even have to play Thiem and Nole on the top half with an easy path to the final...), I might prefer that he loses tomorrow against Stefanos and forget the idea of a first Rome title

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The match is scheduled at 16.00, not so fair toward Tsitsipas, he has just completed his match against Fognini.

Organizers are pushing for a Fedal in semi.

The scheduled of play of tomorrow had been done during the first set of Fognini/Tsitsipas...so would the organisers have disfavoured Fognini too ?

·
Registered
10,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some here underestimating Federer's fitness, sure he is 37 and had a long second match but he almost never loses because he feels tired, he is very fit, so it won't be because of tiredness if he loses.

Still though, I will go against MTF's will (Stefanos comfortably edges it in the poll) and say Federer will win it.

·
Your visions will happen
47,129 Posts
Great matchup, what tests we have in Rome this weekend

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Very tough for me to see Federer winning. He was really poor today and I consider Tsitsipas one of the most consistent players on tour. The main reasons why Fed potentialy keeps this match-up close is his serve and that shot isn't as effective on clay. Otherwise I consider Tsitsipas game as more suited for this surface than Federers too, 75-25 IMO.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Just FYI, not necessarily important but Rog said in the press conference that he hurt his toe for two games because of the wet lines after they dowsed the courts.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
Federer needs to win. Tsitsipas is really getting annoying. People more and more tend to bendover against him. Disgusting stuff. And even if he gets beaten by Nadal on clay again, it was a successful tournament...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Roger in two. Of course in the toughest quarter of the draw but he is showing he can play and compete with anyone on clay. So bring it on

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
I know in this current form, Federer will get beaten easily by Nadal in the SF, but still I wanna see that match up one more time on clay, so I hope Tsitsipas doesn't spoil the party. Having said that, I do think Stefanos will win this one. Federer played a horrible match against Coric, and I suspect that he probably has nothing/very little left in the tank after today's double duty, so I am going for Stefanos in 2.

·
|
14,290 Posts
I’ll take the guy who beat Nadal on clay recently
Tsitsipas only won because Rafa missed the easiest volleys and short balls I've ever seen on the biggest points.
And Rafa won 93 points, Tsitispas only 87....
But Tsitispas should beat Federer, if only because Federer won't want to give Rafa a chance to turn the rivalry around : )

1 - 20 of 46 Posts