Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if Nole played 3 hours against Delpo, he is the huge favourite against Diego.
The h2h is 2-0 for Novak. Diego pushed Novak to the 5 sets in RG a couple of years ago.
It is the first ever semi final in Masters1000 for Diego, so even if he has nothing to lose against the number one, he will miss the experience at this level and might feel the nerve if at one stage of the match, he would be ahead in the score.
There is no way that Novak would tank this as he fought like a gladiator in his quarter final match, he wants a fifth title in Rome, that's a fact.
Nole in 2 easy sets

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Now Novak faces a totally different type of Argentinian player who is about 2 meters shorter than the Tower of Tandil and has other tennis qualities. After yesterday's night match Novak could be a bit flat but I expect him to be ready for another challenge. Big Diego looks strong and straight-setted all his opponents including Nishikori, Berettini and Ramos Vinolas. I optimistically predict Novak in 2 (but TBH I feel it could be a 3-set match).

·
justice for all
13,111 Posts
Only rain delay can save the Serb. Knowing his endless luck there’s a chance of this SF being postponed to Sunday.

I won’t also be surprised if the Serb gives a W/O.

Come on, Diego!

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Only rain delay can save the Serb. Knowing his endless luck there’s a chance of this SF being postponed to Sunday.

I won’t also be surprised if the Serb gives a W/O.
When will you give a W/O here to GM?

Djokovic in a tight 2 setter.

·
Registered
523 Posts
This won't be an easy match. Diego is playing well, he doesn't care for the reputation of his opponent and plays with a big heart. Djokovic should win, but it won't be a cakewalk by any means.

·
Registered
10,267 Posts
The chance of Novak losing this tournament was yesterday .... aaaaaand its gone !

6-4 6-3 against 1/2*Delpo

·
|
14,285 Posts
Even if Nole played 3 hours against Delpo, he is the huge favourite against Diego.
The h2h is 2-0 for Novak. Diego pushed Novak to the 5 sets in RG a couple of years ago.
It is the first ever semi final in Masters1000 for Diego, so even if he has nothing to lose against the number one, he will miss the experience at this level and might feel the nerve if at one stage of the match, he would be ahead in the score.
There is no way that Novak would tank this as he fought like a gladiator in his quarter final match, he wants a fifth title in Rome, that's a fact.
Nole in 2 easy sets
Djokovic is a headcase, so I don't think its possible to know what he wants : )
If Djokovic knows that he's not good enough to beat Rafa, he might subconsciously not play great vs Diego.
That would be a disaster for Rafa, because nobody needs to play Djokovic more than Rafa, and Djokovic knows it....
Djokovic would be happy to meet Rafa at Roland Garos with their last meeting being the lopsided AO Final, while Rafa needs to beat Djokovic right now to get the monkey off his back before Roland Garros.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Nole in 2 easy sets
Djokovic is a headcase, so I don't think its possible to know what he wants : )
If Djokovic knows that he's not good enough to beat Rafa, he might subconsciously not play great vs Diego.
That would be a disaster for Rafa, because nobody needs to play Djokovic more than Rafa, and Djokovic knows it....
Djokovic would be happy to meet Rafa at Roland Garos with their last meeting being the lopsided AO Final, while Rafa needs to beat Djokovic right now to get the monkey off his back before Roland Garros.
Nah that sounds wrong

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Better hope Nadal won't leave Rome with a gorilla on his back instead. :wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts