• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Amazing semifinal.

Nice experience for Gulbis, and very good result for him.

Let's go Novak, don't lose your focus Champ!
Keep it going, RG title and #1 are closer and closer!

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
How anybody can say Gulbis is a character and good for the game is beyond me, his comments aren't interesting or funny and his game is as dull as dishwater, as showcased against Birdshit.

A servebot. Then add a good backhand and okay movement to that.

That's Gulbis's game in a nutshell.

He was interviewed yesterday on eurosport and said most of his game was about his serve, if he serves well, then that's half the job done.

He, even himself admits he's a servebot.

He's as boring as Raonic.

I find Isner's matches more edgy and interesting to watch than this tool's, scolding the ballboys and girls like he's their prefect at school. What is he gonna do next? Pull at their sideburns? Stupid poshboy. 'Towel, then ball' :rolleyes:

The greatest returner in living tennis history will deal with this one ball bash muppet.

Novak in 3, 4 if he's snoozing a little.

·
Registered
14,890 Posts
What a SF this could be! Let's hope they will both deliver and will give us the epic clash it promises.

Both could beat Nadal with this form.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Probably Nole in 4 close sets

·
Registered
9,702 Posts
Ernesto has the weapons to defeat Novak...but his confidence will decide whether he can pull a Stan Wawrinka in the SF.

I want Gulbis to win, but he'd probably then lose to Nadal out of sheer pressure.

For safety, I'd say Novak in 4 (Prove me wrong, Ernesto!)

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
What a SF this could be! Let's hope they will both deliver and will give us the epic clash it promises.

Both could beat Nadal with this form.
I'm afraid Biridshit and Federer are fairly poor defensive return of servers. Neither could deal with that serve, Novak would deal with and absorb the pace using it to flipped the script on Gulbis and well Rafa, we all know what the king of clay does, stands 10 meters behind the baseline, sticking his bum in the face of the lines-official and whipping balls back into court with his badminton net-clearance.

Hasn't gotta chance against either. Cannot wait for the final, because the semi's will be an anti-climax.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Ernesto has the weapons to defeat Novak...but his confidence will decide whether he can pull a Stan Wawrinka in the SF.

I want Gulbis to win, but he'd probably then lose to Nadal out of sheer pressure.

For safety, I'd say Novak in 4 (Prove me wrong, Ernesto!)
Nah.

We all saw what a good, solid and intelligent claycourter that has the ability to build/construct a point can do to Gulbis on a claycourt in the form of Daveed Ferrer. It will be much the same story here with Novak.

Birdshit made Gulbis look better than he is with all those serves he muscles hard, Birdshit's offense to defense, transition? Non-existent. Novak's offense to defense? SICK!

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Novak, take the brainless ball bashing trash out please.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Obviously serve is the key for Gulbinator here, if he can find his rhythm early on, then this should be a quite amazing match. But then again, Djoker has been in these kind of situations so many times, and he knows who to handle this match. Ernie's hope is that he gets his Söderling mode on and doesn't choke on those big points, then maybe, just maybe he could have a shot here.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Come on Nole, beat this sexist trash!

·
Registered
13,139 Posts
How anybody can say Gulbis is a character and good for the game is beyond me, his comments aren't interesting or funny and his game is as dull as dishwater, as showcased against Birdshit.

A servebot. Then add a good backhand and okay movement to that.

That's Gulbis's game in a nutshell.

He was interviewed yesterday on eurosport and said most of his game was about his serve, if he serves well, then that's half the job done.

He, even himself admits he's a servebot.

He's as boring as Raonic.

I find Isner's matches more edgy and interesting to watch than this tool's, scolding the ballboys and girls like he's their prefect at school. What is he gonna do next? Pull at their sideburns? Stupid poshboy. 'Towel, then ball' :rolleyes:

The greatest returner in living tennis history will deal with this one ball bash muppet.

Novak in 3, 4 if he's snoozing a little.
Says the guy with a Pete Sampras avatar...

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
sadly, djokovic will win in 3 =(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts