1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Murray in four.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Murray in four, maybe, but he will need to play a lot better than he has so far in this tournament. I have some doubts he can really do this at RG, as opposed to in quicker conditions as in Madrid and Munich. Most likely, he will be saved by choking from Chardy.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Having seen their Rome match Murray in 3.5

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
If Chardy is hitting searing forehands then he can definitely take a set. And Murray needs to up his serving game. I don't think Chardy has much chance to win over best of five though, and especially when Murray's disrupting his rhythm with clever tennis. Plus, Murray loves playing the villain for a French crowd.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
If Chardy is hitting searing forehands then he can definitely take a set. And Murray needs to up his serving game. I don't think Chardy has much chance to win over best of five though, and especially when Murray's disrupting his rhythm with clever tennis. Plus, Murray loves playing the villain for a French crowd.
Actually I can't even remember any Frenchman beating Murray :confused:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Murray in four, maybe, but he will need to play a lot better than he has so far in this tournament. I have some doubts he can really do this at RG, as opposed to in quicker conditions as in Madrid and Munich. Most likely, he will be saved by choking from Chardy.
Murray has more than one gear. He can play better and will play better. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Hopefully Chardy can continue what has been excellent play so far this tournament. He has been unusually clutch closing out this matches against Isner and Goffin. Murray is a tough matchup for him but I expect it to be a good match. Murray in five sets.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Actually I can't even remember any Frenchman beating Murray :confused:
Chardy routined him in Cinci12 6-4, 6-4 iirc.

Tsonga beat him in 5 at AO08 in r1 and Canada last year :)o)

Simon beat him this year at Rotterdam.

but his h2h vs. them is pretty insane I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Chardy routined him in Cinci12 6-4, 6-4 iirc.

Tsonga beat him in 5 at AO08 in r1 and Canada last year :)o)

Simon beat him this year at Rotterdam.

but his h2h vs. them is pretty insane I'm sure.
Thanks. It's not completely desperate then :eek:
It makes me thinks of the mid-90s in football, when French clubs were at their historical peak (Marseille, Monaco, Paris) but kept losing to any random kick-and-rushing British team. :(
Not that Murray is a "random player" of course, but still... So many disappointments against him! :sad:

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Jeremy is no match for this new version of claybot 2.0
Mudrray in 3

·
Registered
596 Posts
Clayray 3.0 in 3, 7-6 6-4 6-2.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Draw from hell continues
Definitely wise move for Fedtards to be bringing up other players' draws this tournament.... :facepalm:. Murray did just beat the guy who sent Fed packing in Madrid after all.

Chardy seems to be playing pretty well. He looked decent against Murray in Rome, and Murray's level of play was higher there than it's been in Paris so far. Chardy will need to have an absolute amazing ball-bashing day to vanquish a respectable Murray over BO5 though... and if Mugdy turns up it will be a brutal beatdown.

Murray in 4 seems to be the safest pick here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
People keep talking about Chardy's FH, and the same people were waxing lyrical about Nadal's FH after the Berdych match in Madrid.

Clayray 3.0 doesn't let these guys hit their FH, especially on big points.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts