21,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
7-6(15) 6-7(11) 6-7(20) 7-6(17) 71-69

Longest rally anyone?

·
Registered
4,930 Posts
French Open R3: Ivo Karlovic vs (19) Kevin Anderson

Well, this could very well go 5. We won't see many, if any breaks of serve and they could go the distance in 2, maybe 2 and a half hours. All in all, this won't feature many rallies.

·
Registered
14,832 Posts
Re: French Open R3: Ivo Karlovic vs (19) Kevin Anderson

At least two tiebreaks are guaranteed if you ask me. Ivo is more clutch player, i think he will get it done in fashion.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Re: French Open R3: Ivo Karlovic vs (19) Kevin Anderson

7-5 7-6 6-7 6-4

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Normally both suck on clay and Anderson is superior from baseline, but really have no idea how it would look like, Ivo with his current form should be unbreakable for someone like Anderson, but from other side Anderson with his own serve + his baseline game should be also comfortably holding, i think 4 sets with 3 tie-breaks, who ever breaks wins this. I want Ivo to win this, but Anderson is tough match, better player than AHM and comparing to Dimitrov Anderson can hold his service games even from 0-40 down.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
seems like the old man is serving like a beast at the moment, so I see Ivo continuing to the 4th round.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Anderson is not a servebot. Usually he uses a hard flat serve, he hit a lot of aces, but not as many as Karlovic. His 2nd serve is much worse and he hit much more DF's. But his ground game is actually good for a guy so tall.

Very very tough to call, I'd say Karlovic in 4, cause he uses to own Berdych these days and Anderson is a poor man Berdych at some way.

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
They should just skip the service games and jump right to the tiebreaks. It'll save 15 minutes each set.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Anderson is very underrated here,He's not playing Berdych he has far superior ground game to Karlovic and is a big server himself, I expect Anderson in 4 at least 1 tiebreak

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
Dr. Ivo to prescribe Mr. Anderson a blue pill.

This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the run ends, you wake up in your bed and tank whatever you want to tank. You take the red pill - you stay in Paris, and I show you how deep the servebot goes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts