Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Bagnis had that epic match wonder how he will recover, may well be very tough, Gulbis in 3 for me :worship:

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Oh look, another match where Gulbis will have a chance to embarrass himself. Well playing Bagnis is definitely better than playing Benneteau. Hopefully he doesn't underestimate this guy because that could definitely mean trouble. I'm not buying into the whole "Bagnis will be dead tired" argument as there is a free day between matches and similar situation was last year with Monfils (who played 4+ hours match with Berdych). I'm interested to see the odds here - will the odds go over 10.00 on Bagnis? Anyways, it should be Gulbis in 3 or 4, but definitely not convinced by what I saw today from him. The value here will probably be on Bagnis handicap and over in games played.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Gulbis in 4.

·
Registered
97,201 Posts
bagnis was shaking on legs in the last game, mind he also played quallies, and now played his first 5 setter

i dont think he'll be able to sleep tonight :lol:

but im not saying that not even Gulbis can fuck it up, because he is actually the one who certainly can. Bagnis can fly on adrenaline, "dream tournament" and stuff. But it's unlikely, Facu should help him here.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Gulbis should win this and why people thinkg Bagnis needs to recover? 1stly he has free day... 2nd - tha tmatch was just 4.5 hours - that´s like normal 4 setter, or longer 3 setters - on clay. 5th set was long, but 1-4th sets were quick, Bagnis or Bennetou just beating the other player easily in those sets...

Gulbis wasn´t playing good vs Kubot, but Bagnis´s style should suit him more - i mean baseline war and that guy has not big serve, Kubot has pretty good serve and is not your ordinary opponent playing drop shots and volleying all the time, so Bagnis should be regular opponent and Gulbis should overpower him and his big serve will help him a lot getting free points

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think there was already a thread..
Pretty sure there wasn't checked first three pages using command + F first just to make sure.

·
Registered
597 Posts
IDK, I have some faith in Gulbis late consistency, he is slowly rising towards that top 8. So expecting nothing but 3-0 to Gulbis here, OFC he can mug it completely but then again not sure if he is that much more inconsistent than many others, it is not like he that often loses players with really low ranking these days anyway :shrug: .

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
With all due respect to Bagnis this is :zzz:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Everyone saying Bagnis will be exhausted, however he looked alright after the match and will have a days rest.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sadly Fraudbis will likely be able to continue his con game of pretending to be a serious tennis player, I don't see Bagnis being able to sustain anything after that last match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts