Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Auger Aliassime here.

Auger Aliassime is one of the most talented players of this generation.

He's got a smooth game which is quite rare for youngsters.

Thompson, on the other hand, seems to be a nice player. I've never seen him play but I don't think he's a weaponless player since he's from Australia.

Auger Aliassime in easy 5.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Excellent opportunity for Felix to win and complete at the same time his first ever career slam match victory. Decent draw for him too so I'm excited to see if he can rise to the occasion and bring his A game. Felix in 3!!

·
Registered
372 Posts
The real question is: can Aliassime take a set off Del Potro?
Yes, and yes, he can since this is clay and it favors players with defence and nullify Del Potro's serve and forehand. If FAA could break John Isner's serve at least once per set at Miami but lost his serve when serving out for sets is the underdoing of his progress. He is now playing Lyon final and should get some momentum. The only drawback is fatigue creeping in when making a deep run before RG. But lets focus on this match first since Thompson can beat anyone in the first round and we'll talk Del Potro when we get there.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,203 Posts
Yes, and yes, he can since this is clay and it favors players with defence and nullify Del Potro's serve and forehand. If FAA could break John Isner's serve at least once per set at Miami but lost his serve when serving out for sets is the underdoing of his progress. He is now playing Lyon final and should get some momentum. The only drawback is fatigue creeping in when making a deep run before RG. But lets focus on this match first since Thompson can beat anyone in the first round and we'll talk Del Potro when we get there.
Del Potro is a much better baseliner than Isner, hardly comparable.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Huge chance for Auger Aliassime here.

Auger Aliassime is one of the most talented players of this generation.

He's got a smooth game which is quite rare for youngsters.

Thompson, on the other hand, seems to be a nice player. I've never seen him play but I don't think he's a weaponless player since he's from Australia.

Auger Aliassime in easy 5.
I don't think Felix has ever played a five set match. He will no doubt be tested here and his endurance might be an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts