pick your winner :

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know, but this is match of the first round for me, really. Kei is returning after injury and Klizan is in form on clay this year.

If Kei was 100%, this match would be totally in his favor, but right now we actually don't know that much about his condition. As a tennis fan I expect 5-setter on a big stadium, possibly on Lenglen.

·
Registered
18,092 Posts
Very tough opener for Nishikori. It'd be very difficult in any case since Klizan can be really dangerous when he's playing, but even more so since his health is unknown; last we saw of Nishikori was him limping to retirement in the Madrid final and we got no news since.

I'll optimistically say Kei in 4 sets.

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts
If Nishikori is 100% he wins. If he's not it all depends on how recovered he is.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Not a very lucky first round draw for Kei, Klizan will be hungry for the win and he's been in very good form lately. Should be one of the most interesting matches on the 1st round.

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Draw wasn't kind for Nishikori for sure. But if he's healthy, he should be able to beat Klizan without much problems. The Slovakian is powerful, but not much consistent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I voted Kei. He will probably need 5 sets to get things done though.

Below is a summary of what Kei told to Japanese press.
http://www.thetennisdaily.jp/news_detail.asp?idx=104879

"Slowly, but it's steadily getting better everyday."
"However, if it was not a Grand Slam, I would have skipped it."
"I need to be cautious as the problems in calf and groin commonly recur."
Though the Japanese is not fully recovered, his coach, Michael Chang's unique experience has helped his decision. During Chang's career, he has reached to a GS's final despite the injuries that nearly made him default before the 1st round.
"Michael gave me very useful advices from his own experience, which makes me positive."​
10322446_10154190619670271_5501754006226710264_n.jpg
To this day, Kei has not hit with other players for practices in RG. But it would be nice, if he retrace his coach's miracle and go deeper in the tournament. GO Kei!!! :bigclap:

In the mean time, what can we do to strengthen those fragile yet super talented players like Kei, Monfils and you name it? Howard Bryant of ESPN suggests the likes of Gil Reyes and Jerry Rice could be the answer and in reply to his tweet Stephanie Myles says, "No. Size matters". Appreciate your thoughts on this. ;)
https://twitter.com/hbryant42/status/465830513119617024
tweeth 2014-05-25 5.51.20.png

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
nishikori in 3, if healthy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts