Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
54,651 Posts
This match up. :haha:
I have to say Berdych and Murray have had luckiest draws this year, but Dimitrov has had the worst!

It's a coin toss. I can imagine it going the distance.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Monster draw for Grigor but he should be winning this.

·
Registered
13,974 Posts
This may have been the worst possible R1 matchup for any seed. Sock is pretty good on clay and has advanced just as far in this tournament as Dimitrov (R3). He should definitely make this a close one. Will come down to holds their nerve the best in the clutch moments.

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Very good match up for Sock. Diva will stand 5m behind the baseline and Jack will have enough time to dominate the rallies with his FH.

Sock in 4.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Very good match up for Sock. Diva will stand 5m behind the baseline and Jack will have enough time to dominate the rallies with his FH.

Sock in 4.
They both like to command with the FH. It is the weaker BH wing for both that will decide the match.

Dimitrov in 4

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
This may have been the worst possible R1 matchup for any seed. Sock is pretty good on clay and has advanced just as far in this tournament as Dimitrov (R3). He should definitely make this a close one. Will come down to holds their nerve the best in the clutch moments.
I think Thiem would of been a worse round 1. But this is one tough draw Dimitrov I have to admit. On his form I think a 5 set win here but I think he will lose round 3 to Robredo...

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
They both like to command with the FH. It is the weaker BH wing for both that will decide the match.

Dimitrov in 4
Sure, but Sock's FH is more potent on clay and he is naturally a lot more aggressive than Dimitrov. Dimitrov can't play as passive as he usually does or he will be slayed.

·
Bring it Home
20,679 Posts
I wonder how people can see Jack Sock beating Dimitrov on clay. :lol:

Grigor in 3 and he won't even need a TB.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Sock can get one tiebreak if he plays well but regardless of how bad Dimitrov is, he takes this relatively ezy.

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
wait...it's the thread for Dimitrov - Sock match right?

Coz i thougght reading people saying Sock in 5, coin toss, bad draw and stuff like....for not this thread lol

Grigor would be a mug to drop one set, normally should be 3-0, like 7-6 6-3 6-1

ppl need to get out of Geneva and Nice, and get back on earth :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wait...it's the thread for Dimitrov - Sock match right?

Coz i thougght reading people saying Sock in 5, coin toss, bad draw and stuff like....for not this thread lol

Grigor would be a mug to drop one set, normally should be 3-0, like 7-6 6-3 6-1

ppl need to get out of Geneva and Nice, and get back on earth :rolleyes:
No Almost walk over this time?

WWW ? Stockholm QF : Dimitrov - Sock

awesome draw for Grigor. Avoids Falla and Chardy to play Gabashvili and Sock..

Almost walk over, 2-0 Dimitrov with a break difference in both sets, 6-3 6-4 or smth like that.
5-7 6-4 6-3

·
Registered
795 Posts
Oh, come on. Sock is not even close to being a threat here. Mediocre player. Even Lajovic was able to beat him from set & break down recently.

·
Bring it Home
20,679 Posts

5-7 6-4 6-3
I remember that match, wasn't as tough as the scoreline suggests, Dimitrov broke himself in the 11th game, after holding for love the first 5 times. That's why he lost the 1st set. :lol:

And now it's clay. Is Sock better than Fognini, Wawrinka and Verdasco on clay? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,477 Posts

5-7 6-4 6-3
it's kinda sad you made such an effort to prove me...almost right :lol:

Do you believe that the gap between them enlarges or shrinks from fast indoor to clay?

Stockholm was an exo for Grigor, it was always on his racquet and on clay...would be really fun if he loses more than one set somewhere (which would be funny already)

Srsly, that's not even fanboying...since when is Sock anything on normal red clay? Has he ever won a match at RG even? He might have, dunno, but it's far from his waters there, i'd be shocked if this goes anyway near close.

If one gives Sock more than 15-20% chance, he should check the bookies, i'm pretty sure he'll be >6.00

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Oh, come on. Sock is not even close to being a threat here. Mediocre player. Even Lajovic was able to beat him from set & break down recently.
Lajovic was able to beat Sock at RG in straight sets as well.

Will be surprised, if Grisha doesn't win this.

·
Registered
11,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stockholm was an exo for Grigor
You're not good at telling how motivated a player is. You were trying to persuade people here that Federer was going to let Dimitrov win in a smaller tournament last year/2 years ago due to his agency's marketing purposes. Exo, my ass.

Seriously, you failed to predict the outcome of the last match between the two, you failed big time predicting Dimitrov's last and only RG match (straightsetted by Karlovic) but any problem cannot be found.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts