• PHM in 5

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thiem is fast rising and has beaten Wawrinka in clay this year. PHM is fading, but will be motivated and have the French crowd on his side. Who wins this?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
PHM is more talented but more up and down mentally. However, expect him to pull through in 4 in front of the home crowd.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Can go either way

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
damn, not the best draw for Domi, Nadal in R2 :sad: PHM could be tough, but Domi ought to have enough for this win.
Thiem in 4.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
This is a chance for Thiem to do a Soderling, Nadal was dreadful first two matches last year....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Thiem in 4 and setup a round 2 showdown with Rafa, I can't wait to see Thiem showcase himself against Rafa as Dominic is a very good clay court player and Dull is available for the taking.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
In what parallel Universe?!:facepalm:

On topic: Thiem should win this in 4, but hopefully in 3(lets hope he is healthy):D
You obviously haven't watch/played enough tennis to understand who is talented and who is not. Mathieu has good form in his strokes and he even has a decent dropshot, volley and slice... he is a much better natural mover as well, especially on clay...

In the other thread I said it's difficult to define underachiever/overachiever but Mathieu is possibly as close as it can get, an example of someone who underachieved and was in general riddled by injuries.

·
Registered
622 Posts
You obviously haven't watch/played enough tennis to understand who is talented and who is not. Mathieu has good form in his strokes and he even has a decent dropshot, volley and slice... he is a much better natural mover as well, especially on clay...
[/B][/B][/B]
In the other thread I said it's difficult to define underachiever/overachiever but Mathieu is possibly as close as it can get, an example of someone who underachieved and was in general riddled by injuries.
Enough with this nonsense, have u actually ever seen Thiem play, his groundies are world class and will surely become a GS contender in the future if he improves his fitness level(endurance, footwork, speed). So first of all go watch a Thiem match than we can talk :cool:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Enough with this nonsense, have u actually ever seen Thiem play, his groundies are world class and will surely become a GS contender in the future if he improves his fitness level(endurance, footwork, speed). So first of all go watch a Thiem match than we can talk :cool:
I've seen enough matches - saw him against Murray in Rotterdam, Mahut in MC, against Wawrinka in Madrid, and against Simon this week... still Mathieu is more talented...

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Is there any reason to be so rude? :rolleyes:

I'm not bothered about this match but both player strike the ball well and PHM was known as a talented shotmaker in his day. PMH always struggles with injuries so this match could depend on how healthy he is.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Great matchup, should live up to expectations

The winner will be dead tired against Nadal though

·
Registered
622 Posts
Is there any reason to be so rude? :rolleyes:

I'm not bothered about this match but both player strike the ball well and PHM was known as a talented shotmaker in his day. PMH always struggles with injuries so this match could depend on how healthy he is.
And where in particular i was rude?!!?:eek::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts