WWW?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for Djokovic here.

Let’s face it. Fognini would have been a much more entertaining opponent for us fans.

Against Zverev, you do know what you are gonna get. A non-threatening opponent with a mid-level performance. It is not like I dislike him or something but that is the reality.

Djokovic in easy 5.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Zverev has escaped 3 matches he should have lost, lol.

And yet, I think he can make this uncomfortable.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
He was by FAR the better player today vs Fognini.
of course, but he still should have lost due to how bad he was and how many chances he allowed.

·
Your visions will happen
47,139 Posts
Fog was on one leg at the end unfortunately, not sure he would have even taken the court and given another WO like in 2011 (Djokotards still have not forgotten)

So it is good for the game that Zverev won and will give a battle, even if I myself wanted Fognini

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
Even though I belive Djokovic is going to destroy him in 3, he's normally a much tougher match-up for Djokovic than Fabio.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Zverev finally gets himself another chance to challenge the big 3 in a slam, actually did well at 2017 AO as the underdog but always faltered before meeting them since his ranking went up. He’s also not a really easy matchup for Djokovic, could drag him into some looooong rallies. However, Zverev would need to cut down the double faults to make this a match, I doubt Djokovic would let many chances slip.
I still think Djokovic will take it in 3 with a tiebreak at most, but maybe Zverev will surprise as the underdog like he did in his big finals.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
There's always that danger for Djokovic that Zverev finds his form because he becomes the underdog in this matchup and becomes more courageous. Still, when Djokovic is playing at a near peak level, he's shown he can destroy Zverev(Shanghai 2018 and WTF groups).

I'll go Djokovic in 3, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Zverev take a set. Still think Djokovic will likely get to finals without dropping a set.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Fog was on one leg at the end unfortunately, not sure he would have even taken the court and given another WO like in 2011 (Djokotards still have not forgotten)
Neither have his regular fans.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Based on their form this tournament I would expect Novak to win in straight sets, with one close set and two comfortable sets. However, if Zverev can somehow summon his top form he can definitely make this tricky.

·
Registered
21,283 Posts
Zverev is tougher than fognini to Djokovic since he’s a big name player and owned him in 2 big finals.

Still tho, in this slam, can see Djokovic winning in 3 sadly

·
Registered
28,789 Posts
Well. Zverev really has nothing to lose here, he's lived up to his seeding and everything from now on is just a bonus. This fact might help him mentally so he can swing freely in this match.

Djokovic will be too solid either way, but Alex may make him struggle a bit.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts