·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First ATP 500 Series Final for both.

·
Super Moderator
8,200 Posts
ATP500 final with average ranking of 97. I wonder when that last happened??
Not so long ago. Last 500 final which had even both players outside of the top 100 was Hamburg '17, with Leonardo Mayer (#138 back then) def. now retired Flo Mayer (#101 back then) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, hilariously on clay too.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,191 Posts
Not so long ago. Last 500 final which had even both players outside of the top 100 was Hamburg '17, with Leonardo Mayer (#138 back then) def. now retired Flo Mayer (#101 back then) 6-4, 4-6, 6-3, hilariously on clay too.
Hamburg is positioned in vacation season for most top players and Golden Swing has had weaker fields for some years now, so no wonder they happen in these locations.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Also, WTA International Budapest had a higher average ranking of semifinalists than Rio's despite being held in the same week of Tier I Dubai :lol:
Going with FAA in two given his good run.

·
Registered
6,069 Posts
FAA in two.
Don't know Djere but I don't think he makes much of a difference if FAA continues with this level of play.

·
Registered
272 Posts
FAA in 2. Nice to see this kid living up to the years of hype. I hope he wins, seems a nice kid, would be great to see him consistently in main draws with the boost of 500 points.

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Djere is not that unknown, and the hype for FAA is just too much.
So that leaves us with Djere in 2 or 3.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
WTA would be proud :lol:

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Đere is 2-9 in Challenger Finals - the only wins were against #465 and #341

Auger-Aliassime is 4-1 in Challenger Finals
The true question is whether Djere's development in current months and especially in this week may allow him to swing even more freely, and just overcome this mental block in finals. We may not know it yet, but he certainly has the game to beat FAA. May he have the mentality as well?
That is the only remaining question here, and we'll see it tonight...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts