• Nadal

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Djokovic

Votes: 16 61.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
I don't know who would win, but I do know that match would be the real battle, unlike the match we saw in which Fed hadn't been interested to even try, because he was already happy for spoiling Novak's run and tennis history.

·
Registered
7,612 Posts
I think Novak, he simply had Nadal’s number that year everywhere. If he’d won that and lost the MP in New York then Rafa would have a US instead of FO that season. You win some you lose some

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hum, uchronia. You change one event, you change the following. Maybe Novak wins RG, maybe not, but in both cases, nothing that ensued is guaranteed. As much at Wimbledon as at the US Open, and Nadal never won a GS after RG without the title in Paris.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Djokovic in 4. I think their USO match that year would have given you an idea. The conditions were really slow and it was playing like a clay court match. Tons of breaks and long rallies. Of course, the mental and psychological aspect of it would have been affected since facing Nadal on Chatrier is obviously very different from facing him on Ashe and a much more daunting task since he has the aura and reputation of being unbeatable in BO5 on clay. But I think Djokovic would have still pulled through. Nadal just wasn't able to hurt him in any way that year.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Djokovic, for various reasons. Nadal did not have an answer for Djokovic in 2011 - on any surface - but also Roland Garros was playing very quick that year because of newer, sped up balls. Djokovic would have had a much easier time hitting through Nadal. Roland Garros was playing so quick that year that Isner took Nadal to 5 sets.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I don't know who would win, but I do know that match would be the real battle, unlike the match we saw in which Fed hadn't been interested to even try, because he was already happy for spoiling Novak's run and tennis history.
Did you even watch the final you moron?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I voted Djokovic but this would have been 50/50, would have been an amazing match to watch.

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Djokovic beat Nadal quite comfortably in both clay meetings that year, and Nadal was pushed to 5 by ISNER in that same event. Also could have easily gone to 5 against Federer, something that had never happened even in Federer's peak. So very likely Djokovic would have won, 70-30.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This one’s quite interesting cos if Djokovic had beaten Fed he’d have been in the final against Rafa at a time when he was really dominating him. If Djokovic has got that early RG title he may have followed up with multiple more RG titles like at Wimbledon and USO. On the other hand, if Nadal had the opportunity to play Djokovic in that final then beating him may have got that monkey of his back early, and he might have gone on to win Wimbledon and USO that year. Guess we’ll never know...

·
justice for all
15,281 Posts
I think Nadal would have won. For two reasons basically:
  • Djokovic's emotional toll during that very long winning streak was already tremendously big, so he would crumble in the end (like he did next three years in 2012 and 2013 and 2014)
  • Nadal has never lost in the RG final, he wasn't at his best that year so that final would have probably gone 4 or even 5 sets but Nadal would have finally prevailed

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
This one’s quite interesting cos if Djokovic had beaten Fed he’d have been in the final against Rafa at a time when he was really dominating him. If Djokovic has got that early RG title he may have followed up with multiple more RG titles like at Wimbledon and USO. On the other hand, if Nadal had the opportunity to play Djokovic in that final then beating him may have got that monkey of his back early, and he might have gone on to win Wimbledon and USO that year. Guess we’ll never know...
Same here.
Rafa always playing better in RG , good examples are RG 14 and RG 18 (Rafa lost in Monte carlo to Ferrer, and to Novak in Rome and still beat Novak and Ferrer in RG) , (Lost to Thiem in Rome 18 and beat him in RG)
I really dont know what the outcome of the match could have been, but in my opinion if that match happend , it was 5 setter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts