• Nadal in 4

Votes: 80 34.6%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 13 5.6%
261 - 280 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Well, here we are , again to see these 2 legends to clash each other. Since Djokovic is underdog here, i want to state my opinions how he can trouble Nadal.

Firstly, nole should know that when rafa plays his absolute best tennis, no one can do anything( Novak is also included) but we have seen recently, rafa has nowadays more ups and downs. When rafa increases his level, nole shouldn't be distracted and make extra risky shoots in order to keep up with rafa. This just allows rafa to gain cheaper points. If rafa has to win the points with crazy fhdl or cc backhands, then let it be and do not make silly mistakes as you did at the your last service game in Rome. ( Rafa played much better at the end of the sets bu he did almost nothing to break nole's service. ) What i am saying is this, instead of this plan maybe it is just better to force rafa to make his amazing shoots. You can't do much things at this position. As i mentioned before, rafa's level might go down a bit. If that happens, use up your chances.

Secondly, if i were novak, i would try to put more pressure on rafa's backhand side. I mean more than Djokovic does normally. Djokovic is not the player once he used to be. He has no chance at cc backhand , forehand rallies.

To be honest, i would be quite surprised if nole wins more than one set and in case of such a beatdown, he shouldn't be affected mentally, losing a match to rafa at Roland Garros is the most normal thing in the world.

·
Premium Member
24,284 Posts
YOu can call players whatever you want here. It's posters you're not supposed to insult. Insulting players is the vast majority of what posters do here.

And yeah, if one of them is a psycho, it's Djok. Nadal Never behaves anything remotely like that.
However pointing out that Nadal often employed gamesmanship: time wasting at serving, making the server wait or even at the start of the match, fake MTOs, not letting water the court (2013 semi to cause it even more high bouncing) and etc. is not insulting, that's just stating the obvious.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
However pointing out that Nadal often employed gamesmanship: time wasting at serving, making the server wait or even at the start of the match, fake MTOs, not letting water the court (2013 semi to cause it even more high bouncing) and etc. is not insulting, that's just stating the obvious.
More fanfiction from you. If you really want to insist that Nadal 'wastes time', have a look at Novak and his bouncing balls. They have umpires for that anyway so it's no concern of ours.

Fake MTOs? Really? After the 2021 AO and many other events you feel you have something to talk about here? I never bring up Novak's medical issues but you act like we haven't seen multiple players complain loudly about Novak's 'amazing recoveries' and they even did it on the record which is highly unusual.

Djokovic never even comes close to winning the sportsmanship award which is from the players. Somehow Nadal does multiple times. That doesn't fit your story.

It's obvious that Djokovic screams like a madman with his eyes bulging out, just kicked a sign in, and even got himself disqualified from a slam due to his anger issues which many players have also mentioned as a problem for him.

You're like a priest in his religion though, never able to see through any other lenses and having to explain things away with conspiracies.

·
Premium Member
24,284 Posts
More fanfiction from you. If you really want to insist that Nadal 'wastes time', have a look at Novak and his bouncing balls. They have umpires for that anyway so it's no concern of ours.

Fake MTOs? Really? After the 2021 AO and many other events you feel you have something to talk about here? I never bring up Novak's medical issues but you act like we haven't seen multiple players complain loudly about Novak's 'amazing recoveries' and they even did it on the record which is highly unusual.

Djokovic never even comes close to winning the sportsmanship award which is from the players. Somehow Nadal does multiple times. That doesn't fit your story.

It's obvious that Djokovic screams like a madman with his eyes bulging out, just kicked a sign in, and even got himself disqualified from a slam due to his anger issues which many players have also mentioned as a problem for him.

You're like a priest in his religion though, never able to see through any other lenses and having to explain things away with conspiracies.
I did not specify the time when Nadal did those in last 16 years.
Also I can accept if Djokovic's "fake MTOs" are brought up, they weren't justified all the times. Apart from that, he did not employ gamesmanship to that extent Nadal even recently has done.
Of course that is also a bit subjective to judge, but it seems that it is the Nadal fanbase that constantly denies all these phenomena, not the other top player fanbases.

Djokovic has had his anger issues, but he did pay for them in Code Violations and the DQ. When did Nadal pay for his time violations and other gamesmanships?
Not even to the extent if would have been deserved.

And the fake sportsmanship award is just the cherry on top: useless media showboating. Even if it is voted by the players.

·
Registered
4,038 Posts
Good morning Nolefam!

Are you all ready to suffer? 😘

Reactions: Roxitova

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Are you ready guys? I'm looking forward to see this huge battle. It's another important match between them but it's not the most important match ever between them.

Will Djokovic beat for the first time Nadal at Roland Garros when he isn't in a bad shape? Will Rafa show again an inspiritional performance like he did last year? I think neither of them will happen. I can see something similar like the final of 2014.

Enjoy it guys. You never know when it's the last time to see the Big 3 playing at a Grand Slam against each other. It's something completely different than other matches. I love it. And I hope you will love it, no matter what happens.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nadal big favourites, probably in 3-4 sets, Djokovic has to ensure that Nadal doesnt push him away from baseline,also he needs to take ball early to prevent high bounce and redirect it to Nadal's backhand as often as possible even if missing(not easy to do at all but that would allow him to potentially take initiative during the point), Djokovic should not get frustrated if it doesnt go his way since he has got nothing to lose,but all in all Nadal wins this one...

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Good morning Nolefam!

Are you all ready to suffer? 😘
I’m really not part of fam or whatever, just fan of sport hoping that after umpteen years we can have some fresh new challengers at FO & if Novak and/or Tsitsi can make it to final, i would b a happy camper. Either way, the alcoholic libations will b flowing.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
This year is different. Novak is in better physical shape. If it goes the distance no chance for Nadal to take it. But it won't. Novak in 3 sets, 2 of which kind of tight.

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
Another OG Nole fan!

·
Registered
18 Posts
they all do it, the big 3. but djoker is so more calculated, more like federer. nadal is more like a small kid who has to follow his OCD rituals and keeps adding more and more.

however worst thing is the way djoko treats ball kids. have you ever seen nadal yell and scream at ball kids? that why i think djoko is a fake POS. he wants to be loved, but when his emotions boil over his real feelings come out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did not specify the time when Nadal did those in last 16 years.
Also I can accept if Djokovic's "fake MTOs" are brought up, they weren't justified all the times. Apart from that, he did not employ gamesmanship to that extent Nadal even recently has done.
Of course that is also a bit subjective to judge, but it seems that it is the Nadal fanbase that constantly denies all these phenomena, not the other top player fanbases.

Djokovic has had his anger issues, but he did pay for them in Code Violations and the DQ. When did Nadal pay for his time violations and other gamesmanships?
Not even to the extent if would have been deserved.

And the fake sportsmanship award is just the cherry on top: useless media showboating. Even if it is voted by the players.

erm how can an award which is voted by the people on the tour who spend years together be fake?? that is the most real evaluation there is.

djoko used to be the joker. then cuts out gluten, cleans his diet.. turns into a super warrior, crushes the tour in 2011 and realises he doesnt need to be the class clown. the problem is he doesnt have the respect of the tour or the fans the way roger or rafa does.. why? the most basic thing- he doesnt seem genuine.

its the same reason in the future i think tsitsipas will be disliked. hes an overly pontificating douchebag. compared to say medvedev- what you see is what you get. hes not trying to win people all with bull philosophy.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
erm how can an award which is voted by the people on the tour who spend years together be fake?? that is the most real evaluation there is.

djoko used to be the joker. then cuts out gluten, cleans his diet.. turns into a super warrior, crushes the tour in 2011 and realises he doesnt need to be the class clown. the problem is he doesnt have the respect of the tour or the fans the way roger or rafa does.. why? the most basic thing- he doesnt seem genuine.

its the same reason in the future i think tsitsipas will be disliked. hes an overly pontificating douchebag. compared to say medvedev- what you see is what you get. hes not trying to win people all with bull philosophy.
I agree for some part but I've always been baffled by people thinking Nadal is a genuine person. Just because he fights hard on a court and has a nice smile off the court does not remove the fact he has a lot of more or less discrete shenanigans to be focused and his opponent unfocused (both are tied). It's not often against the rules, but he flirts with them and sometimes umpires could punish him a bit more.

·
Registered
7,240 Posts

Hate to break it to u but they’re all thugs in their own beguiling approach & style. At least w/ Novak & Tsitsi u know what you’re getting like it or not & there r things they do & say that rub me the wrong way too but I appreciate what they accomplish out on the court. Meanwhile Fedal are downright shysters that know how to play the ‘game’ on & off the court that we are slowly only seeing now leaking from social media & the like. Don’t know enough about Medved’s true persona but his fugly gamestyle gives me an eyesore.

·
Registered
7,014 Posts
It would have been better if Nadal and Djokovic were in different semis -- they would have been favorites to win against Tsitsi and Zverev (though not easily) and meet in Final . Its unfortunate that one of the two greats will have to exit at SF round.
Their level is so much above Tsitsipas and Zverev it doesnt even matter. This semi is the final.

·
Registered
867 Posts
What? What the hell does this gibberish even mean?

How does not voting for the player they actually think is a good sport would benefit all these players who vote for Nadal? This is not the Academy Awards, mate, where "The Big Bad Academy Full Of You-Know-Who" give the awards away without the public or players from the entertainment industry getting involved. The players vote for whoever they want. How can the results be then fake, rigged or showboating? And in what ways would a vote like that be showboating exactly – showboating for the benefit of who, by who and why?

Please, explain to us mere mortals, and try to clearly address the questions this time, without your usual evasive answers and waffling.

261 - 280 of 290 Posts