• Nadal in 4

Votes: 80 34.6%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 13 5.6%
241 - 260 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nadal in straights. Novak has nothing on him on this surface. I prefer Zverev/Tsitsi chances aginst him honestly, they have more weapons than Novak.

·
Premium Member
24,284 Posts
In the prep match for tomorrows SF, WTA Rafa defeated WTA Djokovic in 3 sets.
Although, WTA Rafa's shot her moonballs much higher and more precise (closer to the baseline) than Nadal. GOAT moonballer
You think Sakkari is the female Djokovic? Interesting concept

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
You think Sakkari is the female Djokovic? Interesting concept
Well .. the Czech girl surely reminded me of Rafa, escaping opponents initiative with moonballs, so I just made a parallel. (her main weapon is BH though and not FH)

But to answer your question, no Sakari is not female Djokovic. Different styles.

Reactions: DjokerForCYGS

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
Time to make a prediction. Djokovic in 5 sets tomorrow.

They'll go back and forth for grueling 4 hours. Rafa will drop his level twice, serve few DFs and they will go to the decider. Novak will start the 5th with more energy, he will pound Rafa with precise shots and Rafa will not have enough legs to run after each ball.

Novak will get nervy while holding his last two serves, but will get a lucky shot and couple of aces to help him hold.

After wining the MP, he will rip his shirt, roar for full minute and RG crowd will applaud and cheer

·
Registered
7,240 Posts
Nadal in straights. Novak has nothing on him on this surface. I prefer Zverev/Tsitsi chances aginst him honestly, they have more weapons than Novak.
A whole lot of ATP have so-called 'weapons' but u rarely see them making into the business end of majors. Ultimately u have to know how to construct points & when to switch from defensive to offensive mode.

·
Registered
21,507 Posts
If someone likes MTF history, a similarly eagerly awaited clash from 2013 had a funny WWW thread:
WWW RG SF: Djokovic vs. Nadal

I like this comment the best which is still valid, even after 8 years:
"The challenge for Djokovic is to consistently hold the pressure with aggressive tennis and to do that with few unforced errors. Today he made quite some unforced errors so he needs to improve. But Djokovic got the game to dot it. Nadals forehand is not as effective against the Djokovic backhand than against singlehanded backhanders. And Djokovic has a good reading of the Nadal serve to consistently put the pressure on the Nadal serve. And if he serves like today he gets some free points himself in his own serve games.
So yes, it is possible. Djokovic can win. But he would have to play better than today [in R4-QF] and play at the top of his capabilities."

Then the absolute classic by Ace Pounder: "Have people in here actually WATCHED the last couple of matches by Nadal? It will be near impossible for Djokovic to even take it to a 5-setter."

Maybe there is a reason for that you are still to uncover.
is there a live commentary thread during the time of that match? would love to read it for 4th-5th set, net touch, etc

Reactions: VyRa | esq.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

They'll go back and forth for grueling 4 hours. Rafa will drop his level twice, serve few DFs and they will go to the decider. Novak will start the 5th with more energy, he will pound Rafa with precise shots and Rafa will not have enough legs to run after each ball.

Novak will get nervy while holding his last two serves, but will get a lucky shot and couple of aces to help him hold.

After wining the MP, he will rip his shirt, roar for full minute and RG crowd will applaud and cheer
Nice dream but nah. Its gonna be another roast. Nadal cant miss the 21, he knows its crucial. It will be another beatdown and its gonna be ugly.

·
Premium Member
24,284 Posts
Well .. the Czech girl surely reminded me of Rafa, escaping opponents initiative with moonballs, so I just made a parallel. (her main weapon is BH though and not FH)

But to answer your question, no Sakari is not female Djokovic. Different styles.
Yes, and just to remind you: the female Nadal lost yesterday: [BOLD PREDICTION] Iga Will Go Down as the Clay GOAT

Also interesting analysis by RG itself: Djokovic v Nadal: Where the match can be won - Roland-Garros - The 2021 Roland-Garros Tournament official site
Simon Cambers seems to be a cool sports journo who knows his stuff.

Reactions: Tennis Passion

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
What will Novak's celebration look (and sound) like if he comes through a 5 set match against Rafa...?

Rip off shirt, jump over the net, ROARRRR and then stamp repeatedly on Rafa's defeated corpse?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Nice dream but nah. Its gonna be another roast. Nadal cant miss the 21, he knows its crucial. It will be another beatdown and its gonna be ugly.
True. Djokovic looked tired against Berrettini after 2 sets. He won't be able to handle Nadal's forehand. This looks like another brutal roasting. Nadal have declined as well on clay but Djokovic have declined much more and just cannot counter punch Nadal here.
Probably Diego will remain Nadal's toughest opponent again at this RG like last year lol

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
I think it’s going to be dominated by Novak fans at PC tomorrow. If Nadal loses the first set and gets a break down in the second after a 4+ hour 1st semi, then you are looking at basically a night match against Novak with his psychopathic fans trolling and yelling out while Rafa is in mid-serve.

The worst case scenario for Rafa is outlined above. If Rafa wins the first set and doesn’t let Novak get an early break in the second then his fans will never get going and they will be a non-factor like 2020. With much less fans allowed in the stands, Novak’s fans can become a bigger effect on the match because the Nadal fans are too polite and aren’t willing to lower themselves to the Serbian fans’ level

This match is not going 5 sets.
I don't really think Rafa is affected by fans, at this point, and i have never noticed his fans making a huge effect anyway, here.

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
So Nadal is not a psycho but Djokovic is ? Not sure if serious. Not sure if it is covered by forum rules to call a player a psycho, especially if it is obviously negatively expressed.
YOu can call players whatever you want here. It's posters you're not supposed to insult. Insulting players is the vast majority of what posters do here.

And yeah, if one of them is a psycho, it's Djok. Nadal Never behaves anything remotely like that.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
YOu can call players whatever you want here. It's posters you're not supposed to insult. Insulting players is the vast majority of what posters do here.

And yeah, if one of them is a psycho, it's Djok. Nadal Never behaves anything remotely like that.
I was not sure, thank you for clearing it up. But you cant accuse players of being something which is not proven right ?
Nadal is a weird dude, he is unique. His mental strength has a serious foundation. That will and energy, determination usually comes from big egomaniac psychotic charakterics.

Nadal screams often. You have never seen that ? And he celebrates in a very serious way as his life was depending on it. He sacrifies everything for his succes here. It is not new. It means everything to him. Nadal separating from Djokovic by giving Djokovic the exclusive psycho title is a joke. Especially because you guys mean it negatively not neutrally. You want to bash his behavious and use that term for it instead of looking at it objectively and what psychotic behaviour actually could mean or being a psycho. Nadal is a big one. And it is not meant negative from my point of view. That separates me from you guys who eat everything Djokovic does in order to bash him.

Reactions: all for goat

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Nice fanfiction bro, a solid 7.5/10
Could have wrote more about the emotions the players felt during the match and maybe add more about the momentum shifts. :p

Reactions: Tennis Passion

·
Registered
8,583 Posts
I was not sure, thank you for clearing it up. But you cant accuse players of being something which is not proven right ?
Nadal is a weird dude, he is unique. His mental strength has a serious foundation. That will and energy, determination usually comes from big egomaniac psychotic charakterics.

Nadal screams often. You have never seen that ? And he celebrates in a very serious way as his life was depending on it. He sacrifies everything for his succes here. It is not new. It means everything to him. Nadal separating from Djokovic by giving Djokovic the exclusive psycho title is a joke. Especially because you guys mean it negatively not neutrally. You want to bash his behavious and use that term for it instead of looking at it objectively and what psychotic behaviour actually could mean or being a psycho. Nadal is a big one. And it is not meant negative from my point of view. That separates me from you guys who eat everything Djokovic does in order to bash him.
Nadal doesn't scream in frustration like Djok. He sometimes goes "vamos" they way all players do to fire themselves up.
He never smashes his racquet, he never rips his shirts apart, etc. etc. They are so different that way, completely. Djok has regular temper tantrums. nadal never has them. Sometimes he gets angry in a moderate way, an acceptable way.

Your notion that nadal is a psycho is so off it makes me lose all faith in your judgement and makes me want to quit responding to you. This has happened before and I've decided to overlook some of your comnpletely ridiculous remarks.
This was one too many and it's extreme.
Even many Djok fans found his rage this time too much.
He was DQ'd from a slam not so long ago, remember?

Don't expect replies from me anymore. You're on ignore.

So now I'm done with you, too many

241 - 260 of 290 Posts