• Nadal in 4

Votes: 80 34.6%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 13 5.6%
221 - 240 of 290 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Certainly, but to be played twice, you have to play in RR and in the final, which distinguishes the 2 strongest players among the 8 best.
Not only so, the RR format simply allows one player more chances to play other players (3 guaranteed RR matches).

For example, the one encounter between player A and player B may not happen if not for the RR format.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Schwartzman is the poor mans Novak a perfect warm up. Berratini is nothing like Nadal. Doesn’t help Novak at all.
That's my feeling too.
I kind of understand Novak's frustration at the end of the Berrettini match, "damn, why am I playing grass court tennis here botting unbotting with this guy who prepares me nothing against the bull?!"

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
Djokovic show class at the presser
Journo's part of the question: ".... looking forward to Rafael Nadal, you are the only player that has beaten him ever at Roland Garros ......"
Before starting to answer the actual question, Novak corrects him: "I'm not the only who beat him, Robin Soderling beat him as well, ... "
He is the only active player though. So active that they will meet tomorrow afternoon/evening again.

Reactions: Tennis Passion

·
Registered
643 Posts
The shade covers the court at 6:30.

If the first SF goes 3+ hours, this match will be away from the sun and surely enter the night.
I guess but for some reason I think Tsitsipas will win tomorrow in max 2h15min and the second match will actually start around 17.40.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Doesnt matter if if its played in a shade, night, wind, rain, sun, winter. Its still Roland Garros not Melbourne. Djokovic has faced only 1 solid claycouter and was 0-2 sets down. Tsitsipas much harder task for Rafa.

·
Registered
11,282 Posts
It won't be hot at the time they will play, Novak will like these conditions, it looks like a beatdown is on the cards 🙂
I feel like Nadal will be up 6-0, 6-1, 5-1 up and you'll still be insecure about Nadal

·
Premium Member
24,177 Posts
If someone likes MTF history, a similarly eagerly awaited clash from 2013 had a funny WWW thread:
WWW RG SF: Djokovic vs. Nadal

I like this comment the best which is still valid, even after 8 years:
"The challenge for Djokovic is to consistently hold the pressure with aggressive tennis and to do that with few unforced errors. Today he made quite some unforced errors so he needs to improve. But Djokovic got the game to dot it. Nadals forehand is not as effective against the Djokovic backhand than against singlehanded backhanders. And Djokovic has a good reading of the Nadal serve to consistently put the pressure on the Nadal serve. And if he serves like today he gets some free points himself in his own serve games.
So yes, it is possible. Djokovic can win. But he would have to play better than today [in R4-QF] and play at the top of his capabilities."

Then the absolute classic by Ace Pounder: "Have people in here actually WATCHED the last couple of matches by Nadal? It will be near impossible for Djokovic to even take it to a 5-setter."

I feel like Nadal will be up 6-0, 6-1, 5-1 up and you'll still be insecure about Nadal
Maybe there is a reason for that you are still to uncover.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,825 Posts
It won't be hot at the time they will play, Novak will like these conditions, it looks like a beatdown is on the cards 🙂
Stop calling yourself a ‘Nadalfan’, you’re just trolling 24/7 and you’re actually a Djokovicfan

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
R A F A ..send this Psycho home..

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Stop calling yourself a ‘Nadalfan’, you’re just trolling 24/7 and you’re actually a Djokovicfan
So IBM is pro Nadal tomorrow ? Or are you in general a true Nadal fan ?

Oh wait, maybe a (former) Fed who prefers Nadal or just offering an opposing image to the Djokovic celebration from last night.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
R A F A ..send this Psycho home..
So Nadal is not a psycho but Djokovic is ? Not sure if serious. Not sure if it is covered by forum rules to call a player a psycho, especially if it is obviously negatively expressed.

·
Administrator | Wikidrawbot
9,825 Posts
So IBM is pro Nadal tomorrow ? Or are you in general a true Nadal fan ?

Oh wait, maybe a (former) Fed who prefers Nadal or just offering an opposing image to the Djokovic celebration from last night.
The secret was and will be revealed on MTF+ only

·
Registered
12,949 Posts
In the prep match for tomorrows SF, WTA Rafa defeated WTA Djokovic in 3 sets.
Although, WTA Rafa's shot her moonballs much higher and more precise (closer to the baseline) than Nadal. GOAT moonballer

221 - 240 of 290 Posts