Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lovely two sets. Roger displayed great tennis in the first set and La Monf was brilliant in the second. This is nice match. Both start fresh tomo and this is a best of three.

Mods: Add poll if necessary.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Laughable 2nd set from Federer after the first. Can't believe that this part time clown tennis player has gotten under Roger's skin like this.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Re: WWW. R.Federer vs G.Monfils 6-3 4-6 Play Suspended

Good match so far, but if it wasn't for Federer's awful volleys at the net, we wouldn't be at 1 set all.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
"Paris - The City of Lights"

Play suspended at like 8:30 p.m

·
Registered
29,207 Posts
Ridiculous last game from Roger, embarrassing stuff.

·
Registered
186 Posts
In my opinion, this looks like it's more in Federers hands. Essentially a best of three set match tomorrow. With the conditions less windy and no chance of rain. I think it'll be interesting

·
Registered
11,737 Posts
WWW? Federer vs Monfils, tied 1-1

Federer choking yet again for the 2nd year in a row, last year with Gulbis up 40-15 missing easy smash, this year from 30-0 missing easy volleys, could have been 2-0 lead with only 1 sets to play tomorrow, instead tomorrow he will have to play another match.

Both will have to play 3 days in a row.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Federer lucky as usual, having play suspended when Monfils found his groove, but I'm still confident that Monfils will come through.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The suspension I think will actually help Federer because if they play in the morning tomorrow, maybe it won't be rainy and windy. If it's sunny and warm that'll speed the courts up which should allow Federer to hit through the court more.

Excellent play by Monfils to grab that second set after getting broken serving for it.

·
Registered
767 Posts
federer has already lost this match, it's done

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Beautiful ending from Gaël. Two clean winners from deuce to take the set.

Liked the grin and handshake at the net when they agreed to suspend play.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Waswatching Fed and Wawa at the same time. The wind seemed to have a bigger influence on PC. Monfils will prove a tough challenge for Federer. The delay will be very nice for Stan, who seems to have found some form

1 - 20 of 256 Posts