• Wawrinka in 5

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should be the popcorn match tomorrow, hope they put it on PC. First meeting between two talented single-handers, the young vs. the old. Really hard to predict this one, Stan can definitely take the match in his hands if he catches fire, but he’s also thrown in some stinkers when people have their expectations raised since the comeback. Hoping for a shot-making contest, my prediction is Tsitsipas in 4.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
Should be the popcorn match tomorrow, hope they put it on PC. First meeting between two talented single-handers, the young vs. the old. Really hard to predict this one, Stan can definitely take the match in his hands if he catches fire, but he’s also thrown in some stinkers when people have their expectations raised since the comeback. Hoping for a shot-making contest, my prediction is Tsitsipas in 4.
In other words, it probably won't be scheduled on PC (hope I'm wrong). :lol:

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In other words, it probably won't be scheduled on PC (hope I'm wrong). Contests against Zverev-Fog, DJ-Coric and maybe Del Potro-Khachanov...

DJ-Coric and Zverev-Fog on PC IMO. Agree that Tsitsipas is the favourite, still hoping for Stan though (and a great match obviosly). :yeah:
You forget that both of them should have finished yesterday, they’re contesting against Fedal:wink2:

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is gonna on Lenglen at best. As for the actual match, I think Stefanos will win.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
You forget that both of them should have finished yesterday, they’re contesting against Fedal:wink2:
Then it's probably below Federer-Mayer, Nadal-Londero and Paire-Nishikori. A shame...

Top half looks better IMO, DJ-Coric, Fog-Zverev, Del Potro-Khachanov and Thiem-Monfils, what a line-up. :worship:

·
Registered
419 Posts
I don't think this is particularly hard to predict. I think Wawrinka is the clear favorite. I wonder what the market says about that, though.

·
23,064 Posts
I do hope I would be able to watch the match on TV which means being aired on PC or SL...thought he would make rounds across Roland Garros playing from SM, then C1, then SL if not for the court change (seriously, I'm used to it, but why can't he have a main court match in a 1st or 2nd round, being a Grand Slam champ and all). Stan really has been playing well, but as some pointed out his movement hasn't been the best. His strategy of dictating behind the baseline seemingly worked for this match and could be effective against Tsitsipas whose seemingly bothered by Nadal's spin shots -- and Stan can be a tornado in a pinch. Tsitsipas just played also a 4-Setter where he looked out of control at times, but his usual clutch self just found a way to win.

Stan has to really start well here and show an edge. He must watch out of some net shots that Tsitsipas will try to employ too. Serving well and controlled aggression are the main keys here -- maybe less 50-60 W/UE, and maybe more 35-30 or something like that. Should be interesting to see how either fares against possibly Federer in the QF (both having a win against him in a Grand Slam).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts