Registered
21,283 Posts
Who's next? Lajovic in R4?

Reactions: Kyrgyros

·
Registered
19,613 Posts
Golden sets for Rafaella: 6-0, 6-0, 6-0

No chance to play himself into rhythm though.

:haha:

·
Mostly unbiased analyst
3,982 Posts
Didn't this kid get bageled and breadsticked by Novak at the AO?

Nadal should be ashamed of himself if he loses more than 7 games

·
Banned
6,801 Posts
It might be interesting. The Spaniards always have problems with the Russians.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Well, Kuznetsov is in good form lately.
Nadal in 3 sets anyway, who will face the 3rd player in a row outside of the top 100.
I don't think we gonna see bagels though.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Draw from the gods continues.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Well, I'm happy he's reached this point. He gained some very important points ahead of Wimbledon (defending 90) and the US Open (defending 90). That being said, this is the end of the line for Kuznetsov, although he could make it interesting if he plays the same way he played against Jaziri/Melzer (set 1). Still, I think Rafa wins in straights, losing a max of 12 games.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:facepalm:

newsflash: when you lead your biggest rival by a 6:0 margin, i'm sure it is pretty safe to assume that draws are as good as irrelevant to rafa @ r garros.. heck, the only guy to ever beat rafa in paris in the last 10 years ain't even around anymore.. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Can't we just skip to the QF already?

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Didn't this kid get bageled and breadsticked by Novak at the AO?

Nadal should be ashamed of himself if he loses more than 7 games
Why? I don't care if Nadal takes 5 sets to win a match. Nobody will care if he wins a 10th FO. People make too much of how long it takes a player to beat another player. Nadal didn't look too good last year if you all recall. Who lifted the trophy at the end? Be concerned about that. Not all the nonsense between now and then.

The only match that matters is the QTR FINAL. Djokovic is the only player with a PRAYER. And I mean PRAYER of stopping Nadal going to 10. He gets by Djokovic. You better be sure it's all over.

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
It's not that Kuznetsov is an utter mug like some posters pretend here, without any experience on slams.

I saw him in Monte Carlo against Monfils and I can say he was really competitive. Apart from winning set, he was able to keep La Monf's intensity of rallying and didn't allow himself to be overpowered by him for a long time.

He has quite stable both wings and definitely knows how to use them. He's also familiar with drop shots. So in theory he can at least trouble Rafa if he won't be focused.

Will be interesting to see how he perform on big stage against Rafa, who seems to be doing fine so far, but definitely will have to be focused and take control on this match as soon as possible. Massive forehands will be very welcome.

Can't we just skip to the QF already?
No, we can't.

At least not from hell. ;) ;)

·
29,645 Posts
Kuznetsov played well against Ferrer at Wimbledon, if this was a match there it might have been interesting somewhat.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts