Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Raonic in straights.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Got to be 1st time in his career Milos faces 2 guys in a row that are 3 years his junior. Might be interesting since Milos has historically struggled with lefties .. but that might be one of the weaknesses he has overcome this year as well (only lefty matches were routine win over Falla & pushing Nadal in Miami). Of the options in the poll, I expect Milos in 4 (looks like only option for a Milos win .. not sure who those other guys are ;-) ).

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
well it could be interesting. veseley has a good serve so it could keep him in it if its firing. still i say milos in 3 or 4 veseley could take a tiebreaker

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Vesely really struggled against Karlovic's big serve last week so I'm not sure how he will handle Raonic's. If he can get enough returns back into play, he has a chance here. Raonic is the favourite though as I think his serve will be too much for Vesely.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Bot v2.0 def. Bot v1.0 7-6 6-3 6-4

·
9,928 Posts
two talented shotmakers, tennis wins either way. Milos in 3. 7-6 7-6 6-3
That's an isner/karlovic scoreline not Raonic, he often has a hard time at majors closing out the 3rd set with a break, most scores versus lesser opponents look more like 64 63 76 or 64 63 67 63.
If you look at 2013 stats isner plays almost twice the tiebreaks that Milos does , and as he continues to improve these will get even further apart.

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Milos has had his problems in the past with lefties, but he should be able to get this done in 3. Will have to raise his level from what he did against Kyrgios, though.

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Boring thread, the standard Botnic stuff by people who haven't actually watched how much Raonic has progressed recently. Oh well, Go Raonic but I wouldn't mind Vesely winning.

Raonic in 3, possibly 4

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I checked the schedule for the 27th and seems like this match isn't scheduled for any courts. Anyone know why?

Edit: OK they're still getting thru the 1st round matches.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts