• Sela in 5

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First meeting on ATP clay, 3rd ATP overall meeting 1-1.

On one hand, the draw Donald Young got is amenable to winning his first French Open match. Houston was the first time he's won consecutive matches on ATP clay by beating Monaco and in the process gave a good account of himself against Verdasco.

On the other hand, this is clay. He can still lose to anybody there as he failed to qualify for Nice in a favorable matchup and lost to Nishioka in the Savannah challenger under the same circumstances.

With that said I still think he'll win his first Roland Garros match. If he does, it wouldn't be out of the question that he gets another crack at Wawrinka this weekend.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Sela has been in quite bad form lately, but this is BO5 so I expect to see a rollercoaster ride here. Might be a 5-setter even, 3-2 for Donfather.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'm going with Donna here. Pretty good match-up for him I think. He's a bit up and down of course so very hard to predict this one. If it goes 5 though I'm switching my pick over to Sela.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Donald Young has to win his first French Open ATP match here. He has no excuse here unlike in 2008 and 2012.

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
sela please

1 - 15 of 15 Posts