Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vanni defeated Tomic in Madrid a few weeks ago with a perfect 3rd set tiebreak. Can he repeat the magic in a best of 5 match??

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Re: WWW? RG R1: Luca Vanni vs (27) Bernard Tomic

Hopefully Tomiclay wins, I want to see a rematch between him and Kokk.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
You may think Tomic is useless on clay, and he may very well be. But he showed some sign of clay tennis in Rome against Troicki; He almost beat the guy. You may think getting close to beating Troicki isn't much, but it is given Tomic's usual level on clay.

But then, there was the match against Mina in Nice... He may be in a rubbish physical condition for real. 3-1 for Vanni.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Vanni to save tennis?

·
MONSOON season.
81,993 Posts
This is really a great opportunity for Vanni. Let's hope he can take it.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts
One of the easiest R1 Luca could dream of, hope he take this one in a lifetime opportunity to wiin a slam match.

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Tomic couldn't even beat him in fast Madrid's clay, so most likely Vanni will win again in a slower surface.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I immediately thought that Vanni has a chance here. And after looking at their recent results, Vanni is actually the favorite here. Vanni in 4, if Tomic even plays a whole match.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I don't think I'd take anything out of Nice - knew his seeding and Oz no 1 position was safe for the moment so no incentive to play, and wanted to rest week before a tournie.

Not sure Bernie will be eager for another match up with the Kokk though, the last one was close and on clay, Kokk will have the edge.

Moreover, the prospect of Djokovic in R3...:haha:

My bet is on another tank.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Tomic will begin his championship cruise.
Of course the alternative is that Bernie notes that Kyrgios is unlikely to get past R3 so decides to try and preserve his status as Oz no 1. Assuming Kyrgios makes it no further than R3, Bernie only needs to win one match here. And he might then feel motivated once again to stop Kokkinakis going further. Though if he did manage to win, what he then does in the face of yet another draw against Djokovic could be entertaining.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are the chances these two would meet in 2 big clay tournaments this year.
Considering that Vanni had to pass through qualies in both Madrid and RG and he didn't play MonteCarlo, I'm quite sure they were very little...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts