Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jurgen didnt face 1 break point in the 1st set then in the 2nd set David was a break ahead twice but gave it right back both times then got the final break. David trying to win his first slam match since his run here 2 years ago.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ugh, Jurgen could be up 2-0. But he's never lost to Goffin and he's a fast starter, so this may help him. Hope they finish it on court 3
how the hell could he be up 2-0? never, at any time did he look like he was winning that second set. he constantly had to battle from behind and never had david in trouble on service games when they were level

2nd set seems like it was more david consistantly blowing leads

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
Jurgen didnt face 1 break point in the 1st set then in the 2nd set David was a break ahead twice but gave it right back both times then got the final break. David trying to win his first slam match since his run here 2 years ago.
He won a couple of rounds at Wimbledon that year, actually :p

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
how the hell could he be up 2-0? never, at any time did he look like he was winning that second set. he constantly had to battle from behind and never had david in trouble on service games when they were level

2nd set seems like it was more david consistantly blowing leads
Set could most certainly have gone either way.

Will be on court 3 after Montanes- de Schepper. So should be televised.

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Set could most certainly have gone either way.

Will be on court 3 after Montanes- de Schepper. So should be televised.
all that does is support my argument. look at david's service games when they were equal and he was cruising. jurgen only got into david's service when he was behind. to me it looked like david was always going to win that set

·
Registered
67,452 Posts
david :unsure: this doesnt look good, lets hope tomorrow is a better day for him!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Rooting for Goffin in this one.

·
Registered
57,596 Posts
all that does is support my argument. look at david's service games when they were equal and he was cruising. jurgen only got into david's service when he was behind. to me it looked like david was always going to win that set
It's true that the only game Melzer had BP in before being down himself was the first one. But you can't say that Goffin was easily the better player in a set with that many tight service games. Another saved or converted break point could have been the difference, especially considering Melzer is 2-0 vs Goffin in tiebreaks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts