Discussion Starter #1
:sport:

How will Olderer fair in Best of 5 on RG Clay

:sport:

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
My guts tell me- and I know this is bold as fuck but hear me out... :confused2:

My guts tell me that Federer will turn on his vintage masterclasserer mode and... :wow:

...manage to play 3 sets without retiring. :sport:

·
Registered
9,191 Posts
this seems like the kind of match roger could actually lose if sonego redlines and fed underestimates him..which could happen.

·
Your visions will happen
47,304 Posts
Wonder if they will get Federer out there on the first Sunday to drive up ratings and give the old man more rest in the back end of the tournament

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My left ball tells me this could get rather messy. I actually can see Federer losing this.

But who knows... it would not be the first time the GOAT proves me wrong.

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
This Italian player is mostly a retriever, won't trouble his opponent much. Matteo Berrettini is the real threat.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The draw looks okay.

SF vs Nadal might be tough :)

R1 vs Sonego
R2 vs Jaziri
R3 vs Berrettini
R4 vs Schwartzman or Cecchinato ??
QF vs Tsitsipas, Wawrinka or Krajinovic ??

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Don’t know who Sonego is so can’t say.
Watched his quarterfinal match in Monte Carlo against Dusan Lajovic, I found him to be a little cocky but probably because he was playing at home, but game wise nothing impressive except that he retrieves a lot of balls. Roger Federer takes the ball very early, he knows how to beat this kind of players.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Sonego in 4 or 5. He has too much game for Federer on clay.
No. He doesn’t. His game is interchangeable with about 50 other players and really nothing special. Federer gonna kill him with powerful forehands and his variety. If his level dips one set could become close though. I’d say 6:3, 6:2, 7:5 or something like that

·
Registered
959 Posts
When Sonego first started showing real promise, it was on hard courts. At least that's my memory of him. Never did I think back then that he would be any good on clay. But he's improved his decision making and now is able to stay in long rallies and find ways to win. Still, I don't see him beating Federer unless he makes this a long, long match. 2 hard ones and one easy set for Federer - 3-0.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
My left ball tells me this could get rather messy. I actually can see Federer losing this.

But who knows... it would not be the first time the GOAT proves me wrong.
Sad times when you can't even trust your own balls. But who am I anways to doubt the undisputed GOAT of tennis?

I will have a tough talk with my ball as soon as it comes out of the mouth of the cheap hooker in front of me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts