Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be last chance for Tsonga to win his Home Tourney (at age 30.) Allez Tsonga

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Hopefully Tsonga (doubt it though, Nishikori has his number).

If both play well it should be a good match.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Hopefully Tsonga (doubt it though, Nishikori has his number).

If both play well it should be a good match.
Berdych had his number and look what happened? Playing in France changes things. The only other match I saw of those 2 was in Australia in 2012. Close one that Nishikori found a way to win

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hopefully turns out to be a cracker (Most of the matches have been unsatisfyingly one-sided or uncompetitive). I would say Tsonga in 4 or Kei in 5. Interested to see how Kei weathers the Parisian crowd.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
Berdych had his number and look what happened? Playing in France changes things. The only other match I saw of those 2 was in Australia in 2012. Close one that Nishikori found a way to win
Weren't 2 of the losses in France though? :sad:. One of them being a bit of a choke from Tsonga iirc.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I didn't see the Paris matches, but presumably the crowd weren't nearly as vociferous as they can be on Chatrier. Nishikori is exactly the kind of guy that I could see fading in the face of that atmosphere. Could be important for him to start fast and keep them quiet.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
I didn't see the Paris matches, but presumably the crowd weren't nearly as vociferous as they can be on Chatrier. Nishikori is exactly the kind of guy that I could see fading in the face of that atmosphere. Could be important for him to start fast and keep them quiet.
Madrid crowd > Paris crowd and it didn't bother him at all against Nadal last year.

·
Registered
690 Posts
It seems they don't 'love' Tsonga as much as they love Monfils, Gasquet and others.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Kei in 4.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Kei has enough confidence and a cool head, won't be bothered by the Paris croud.
He isn't Berdish.

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
Kei in 3

·
Premium Member
9,177 Posts
Tsonga to save tennis in 4 sets.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts