·
Registered
6,368 Posts
Diego in 4

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
That will be pretty interesting.. Thiem looked very
vulnerable against Gaston and Diego seems in pretty good form Looking for pretty long match with a lot of long rallies.
Thiem in 5

·
Your visions will happen
51,296 Posts
Thiem will recover and beat Schwartzman, who does not have the variety of Gaston

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Diego can actually win this. A rematch vs Rafa in the SF would be good. Bring it on!

·
Registered
528 Posts
Meh, Thiem is probably tired but I doubt he's as gassed as people are making him out to be.

Edit: Nevermind, apparently he's having stomach issues...

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
the variety of Gaston?!...lol

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Diego will have a 2 hour drop shot session tomorrow.

Hoping for a shorter match and Thiems win but diego has more than decent shot of pulling through

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If Diego wins he will almost certainly enter the top 10 for the first time (he's currently 10th in live rankings but Rublev will pass him if he beats Fucsovics as expected).

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I agree with @Johnny Groove on that.

Gaston not only hits more different shots, he does it with different speed and depth trying to disrupt the opponent. Schwartzman likes the one-sided clay court rallies running from left to right hoping for the opponent's UE.

·
Banned
21,055 Posts
constant changes of pace and height besides mixing between moonballs and jumping onto shots.

Reactions: hammett and Kowchi

·
Registered
7,732 Posts
I said Diego in 5.
He looks much better than Thiem, he is just so incredibly solid.
I just hope Thiem makes him pay, or Diego makes Thiem pay.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I don't think diego will be able to play his best tennis for the whole match and beat thiem, but after thiems struggles with Gaston, I think he has a chance, not a bad one too. Granted, It will also depend on dom of course, if the Austrian plays his best he should win, however, should he not bring a great level and the Argentinian does and uses the right tactics, the later will win.

My guess is dominic in 4 tight sets, very possibly even 5. Won't be surprised if Diego actually wins.

Reactions: thebeast

·
Registered
11,147 Posts
Between the two Schwartzman has infinitely greater chances of troubling Nadal. I like both so let the best man win.

·
Registered
6,368 Posts
I agree with @Johnny Groove on that.

Gaston not only hits more different shots, he does it with different speed and depth trying to disrupt the opponent. Schwartzman likes the one-sided clay court rallies running from left to right hoping for the opponent's UE.
I remember Djok dropshoting Nadal like crazy early on...guess who's winning in the end

1 - 20 of 99 Posts