Votes: 27 26.5%
  • David in 5

Votes: 13 12.7%
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Murray into QF after losing sets to Sousa and On-fire Chardy, and has also lost services games randomly. On the other hand, Ferrer has played solid last 5 sets.

Daveed is my pick and should finish in 4. Yet another cracker on the cards.

:secret: If ClayRay makes an appearence, not even Ferrer, Nadal, Djokovic together on the side can handle him. ;)

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Could go either way but Murray seems to be getting worse as the tournament progresses rather than better so I'll go with Daveed in four.

Clayray really needs to save tennis though.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts
You just know Ferrer will fight to the death for those 720 SF points.

4 set mugfest with the Spaniard emerging victorious most likely.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,438 Posts
Andy's first real test in this tournament. It definitely won't be a straight sets win for either players, though I'll give the it to Andy after a hard fought battle. His level of play on clay has been the best it's ever been and he'll definitely raise his level from previous matches for this one. Andy in 4, maybe 5. If David wins then good for him for getting to another slam semi-final. I wouldn't mind if he's the one to defeat Andy here.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I'm thinking that Clayray needs to show up for this one, or the little terrier is progressing. I wouldn't read much into today's matches though - I honestly think Murray had the more difficult match, given the circumstances.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Wow how many times Murray needs to play Ferrer at FO?! I am not sure but i think Murray has no win on clay against Ferrer by now. What a luck for Murray!

·
Registered
29,419 Posts
I like Ferrer better, but to be honest the tournament needs Murray to win this. A SF against Ferrer for Djokovic/Nadal would be a virtual walkover.

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Murray may run out of luck here.
If clayray returns however...

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Hopefully Murray. Will not be surprised if this one is longer than Djokovic vs Nadal.
I've had that feeling all along, that Murray Ferrer would end up being the long battle and Nadal-Djokovic would be a blowout one way or the other.

·
29,637 Posts
5 sets either way this.

Murray's the better overall player, Ferrer's the more natural dirt player. I also think the gap between them on this surface is far, far tighter than it was at RG '12. Ergo, it's a tough one to call.

As good as David was today, Bolelli had him on the ropes, so he's had his own issues as has Murray.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Clayray to make storming return

6-1, 6-3, 6-7, 6-1

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Time for this Clayray nonsense to be put to bed once and for all. Ferrer in 3. Or 4. Or even 5. I don't mind really, as long as David wins.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts