·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hard to say. hopefully youngster

·
Registered
690 Posts
Clezar couldn't wish for a much better opponent in the final round of a Rolland Garros Qdraw. Nishioka is talented but he lacks a lot power on clay. Clezar should win this. He's got a good BH and likes to go DTL with it inadvertently so at least against a lefty he have a reason to go BH DTL most of the time.

Before going to bed today he needs to realize that even if he chokes, he still should win this. No excuses. 27-25 in the 3rd set but he cannot miss this opportunity.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Clezar was such a huge disappointment after doing well so early... But he hired Del Potro's former coach a month ago... Still on the honeymoon period, I hope.

War Clezar.
War Ghem.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nishioka isn't Mitchell or Saville in clay
Obviously not. I'm not trying to insult him or his fans. Just saying he lacks a lot on clay. Anyways, what do you mean? Clezar is a considerably better clay player than Nishioka. Clezar is a choker, tho. If he fails, he should be ashamed because he was very lucky in his draw. Life gave him this opportunity, he better seize it.

I don't follow Nishioka but from what I saw of him in the CH tour I doubt he ever reached a final on clay.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Right now Clezar is a much better player simple as that. But I don't trust him entirely to win due to his mentality but I'm surprised the books make him 6/5 as an outsider. Nishioka will want this big time as well.

3 sets is nailed IMO

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I don't follow Nishioka but from what I saw of him in the CH tour I doubt he ever reached a final on clay.
Nishioka is one of those IMG players who suddenly realized they can play well on clay, like Sharapova and Nishikori in the past. He was rubbish on clay before, but isn't anymore. He lost the SF in Heilbronn a few weeks ago largely because of illness.

Clezar has a clear advantage in experience, but Nishikoka can give him absolute fits with his persistent return game. I think Clezar will have to return very well to beat Nishioka, as I suspect he will be broken multiple times.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
nishioka fight!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Nishioka is one of those IMG players who suddenly realized they can play well on clay, like Sharapova and Nishikori in the past. He was rubbish on clay before, but isn't anymore. He lost the SF in Heilbronn a few weeks ago largely because of illness.

Clezar has a clear advantage in experience, but Nishikoka can give him absolute fits with his persistent return game. I think Clezar will have to return very well to beat Nishioka, as I suspect he will be broken multiple times.
Oh, didn't know that. I'm even more nervous now. @being broken multiple times, yeh I already expected this to be a 'return-oriented' match.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts