Mens Tennis Forums banner

The most important match in tennis history. Pick the man who walks away with it all.

• Djokovic in 3

Votes: 21 8.1%
  • Djokovic in 4

Votes: 82 31.8%
  • Djokovic in 5

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Nadal in 3

Votes: 33 12.8%
  • Nadal in 4

Votes: 64 24.8%
  • Nadal in 5

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Nadal by default

Votes: 8 3.1%
1 - 20 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally Faker managed to get past Tsitsipas. And we have the final all (except rabid Fedheads) have been hoping for. Both outcomes will be historic. Faker gets to 18, gets DCGS, becomes the 2 in 99-3. Or Dull gets to 20, marking the first time since RG 2009 that Federer is not the sole Slam leader. Gets his 13th (!!!) RG, one behind Sampras' total count. Either way, GOAT debates will change forever. Fedophiles will certainly suffer. Is this the most important match in tennis history?

·
Your visions will happen
49,320 Posts
The Stakes:

Going to be another big one like Wimbledon 2019 or AO 2017, can't wait

For Nadal: A win means tying Fed with 20 slams, #1 still in reasonable sight, and with form and confidence and health to get his first YEC of his career which he'd really like to win one time finally

A loss means that Djokovic has surpassed Nadal in the GOAT department imo. Having beaten him twice in his home arena, including in this GOAT of all GOAT matches, will be too much to overcome. Only 1 slam advantage and Gold medal advantage does not override all the #1 records that Djoker has plus the h2h ownage

For Djokovic: A win means getting 2 titles at each slam, tying Laver, and another feather in his cap Fedal do not have. A win also guarantees 6th YE #1, breaking tie with Fedal and tying Laver and Sampras, though Gonzales, Tilden, and Renshaw have 7 YE #1. A win guarantees that 305 weeks at #1 are secure for sure, and more than that to come more than likely. Not to mention as I said, he would pass Nadal in the GOAT list

A loss means that Djokovic falls behind. 3 slams each behind Fed and Nadal, and #1 is in trouble. YE #1 is pretty close to set, but Fed's 310 weeks and Laver's 332 weeks look more difficult

So a lot riding on this match

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
Rafa in 4.

Reactions: Mimi

·
Banned
3,274 Posts
I've been waiting for this. Nadal is the easiest matchup for Novak based on present form. Novak will expose Nadal and become the undisputed GOAT after this is over. DCGS and slam #18 incoming.

·
Registered
631 Posts
"Fedophiles" LOOOOL.

Anyway, can't wait until Sunday. I'm just hoping for an epic match. Hoping for a Novak win, but wouldn't be devastated otherwise.

Nadal in the FO final is the ultimate challenge in tennis.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I hope Rafa, but he's not that good to deserve the most slams ever. Djoko to save Fed's legacy in 5 sets, three tight and two beatdowns.

1 - 20 of 468 Posts