Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not exactly a hard R1, but can be tricky.

I think Dolgopolov's level in Queens/Wimbledon last year would be more than enough to routine Nadal, but he never played at that level this year.

The fact Alex won their last match may give him so extra confidence though.

But I think this is probably be one of those matches Nadal will be able to hang on until the end of each set and capitalise on a few Dolgopolov's absurds. :shrug:

Nadal in 2, something like 6-4 7-5.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
You have very little faith in the Dogmeister.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts
Is the first match on Tuesday or Wednesday? I think Rafa is in a form decent enough to win this one. Let us see.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
I will be rooting for Dolgopolov .... in this match

Reactions: duarte_a

·
Registered
19,487 Posts
Every dog has his day... just not this time.
Nadal in 2

·
Administrator
9,539 Posts
Is the first match on Tuesday or Wednesday? I think Rafa is fair enough to win this one. Let us see.
On Wednesday he'll begin, yes. Murray probably on Tuesday.

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Dolgo is too inconsistent, impossible to predict

Reactions: 92738

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On Wednesday he'll begin, yes. Murray probably on Tuesday.
Jesus Christ, what? He's gonna be able to start an ATP 500 with no R1 bye on Wednesday?

Why ATP don't give the trophy of those tournaments to Nadal already. It's obviously they are pushing so hard and doing everythin they can for him to recover winning those tournaments. :facepalm:

·
Administrator
9,539 Posts
Jesus Christ, what? He's gonna be able to start an ATP 500 with no R1 bye on Wednesday?

Why ATP don't give the trophy of those tournaments to Nadal already. It's obviously they are pushing so hard and doing everythin they can for him to recover winning those tournaments. :facepalm:
I've heard it here, they want to give him rest, yes. Wednesday is too late for me too, but it seems nobody complained about this and Dolgo doesn't care, as he said to me he needs every practice day he gets to be good on grass again. Did you watch his last match against Kohlschreiber? Nadal would have roasted him if he doesn't change anything. Very dire.

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've heard it here, they want to give him rest, yes. Wednesday is too late for me too, but it seems nobody complained about this and Dolgo doesn't care, as he said to me he needs every practice day he gets to be good on grass again. Did you watch his last match against Kohlschreiber? Nadal would have roasted him if he doesn't change anything. Very dire.
It's very stupid to put a R1 grass match on Wednesday. If happens to rain, the whole tournament will be screwed because one guy needs to rest. :mad:

·
Registered
6,930 Posts
I thought this match will be scheduled Wednesday considering Rafa was playing final on Sunday but the OOP has it today after Wawa-Kyrgios and the finish of Dimitrov/Querrey third set..Dolgo won their last in IW, but he was having great stretch of form last spring..I think Nadal gets him here in 2 tight sets or 3..

·
29,645 Posts
If Dolgo plays as well as he did in Miami vs Djokovic, he'll win. That match required a bigger effort than this one. However I expect him to mug it up and Nadal to win, 6-4 6-4.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Grassael GOATdal in 2

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
i would give anything for a Dolgopolov, anything short of my firstborn

1 - 20 of 28 Posts