Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is going to be the first ever official match for Stan the Man in six months, last one being his loss against Dimitrov in straight sets at Acapulco, back in February.

·
Registered
9,343 Posts
I doubt that under these circumstances Stan would have entered a challenger to give another non-Slamrinka appearance. So I expect at least a couple of matches from him.

·
Premium Member
11,518 Posts
What if Stanimal appears.

·
Registered
17,774 Posts

·
23,796 Posts
Very interesting to see how Stan does this. The fact that he wants to "warmup" means he's probably not giving up to improve, I mean he could've just played a 250 or 500 and then a Slam. At least from what I see Stan seems to be very precocious and didn't really go around but then I think he has a private court anyway to train. I'm pretty happy overall to finally see some ATP tennis again.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
HaHaHaase already lost to yet another nobody so this tournament is meaningless.

I see Tallon Griekspoor is in the draw too. After he lost the F of the Dutch national tennis championships, he played a national ranking event not that far away from where I live. He lost the singles to Tim van Rijthoven and withdrew from QFs in doubles. My money is on Kimmer Coppejans, but at challenger level, you never know.

Good for Prague to have a top 20 player in the draw. Stan looking for rhythm on clay I guess.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I doubt that under these circumstances Stan would have entered a challenger to give another non-Slamrinka appearance. So I expect at least a couple of matches from him.
Oh, he WILL play a couple of matches for sure — he's staying in Prague for two weeks and two Challengers.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Monday, early afternoon, Stan playing against world no. 178, and already 1K watching this match on the streaming service. this is how much WE MISS tennis. And it is only 5 minutes into the match 😂

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahaha Safiullin went for underarm serve seeing Wawrinka standing WAAY behind the baseline, but was a failure in the end.

·
Read Only
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stan serves now to stay in the set. He stays too much behind the baseline while returning, this might be a problem especially if he is to lose this set.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts