Mens Tennis Forums banner

Result?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At AO Dodig been one player who take set against Djokovic. Serbia/Croatia always big fight:devil:

post nr 666:devil:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Allez Dodig!

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
Slow court doesn't particularly help him, but you have to think that Dodig has a solid chance if Djokovic's shoulder really is falling off. Depends how bad the injury is...Nole thrashed Kubot with it last week, and almost did enough to beat Nishikori in straights. :shrug:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I thought he wasn't playing for some reason...a loss in Paris and another loss at WTF possibly and say goodbye to Novaks season winning %.

·
Registered
16,539 Posts
Dodig def. Djokovic *5-0 40-0 ret.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
dJOKER 6-0 6-0

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
Fitness or finances? Finances always prevails over common sense. Dodig may well be the worst possible opponent to face with injury issues. The shoulder is already creaking off its hinges, grinding with the human bollocks isn't going to help.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Dodig will take him out. If my memory serves correct, I think Dodig has a heavy serve, will damage Djokovic's shoulders to the point of retirement.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Anyone can beat Novak in his current state. Dunno why he is not saving self for WTF. This is a major miscalculation, even worse than Basel.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
If he decides to play, his shoulder must be alright for a few matches. The few days rest between his last match and now may have been enough. In that case Djokovic wins in 2. If he doesn't decide to play, Tennis wins.

Put those pitchforks down Nole fans, I kid. I meant Dodig wins. Which equates to a victory for tennis.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Nole should win in 2, but he may be rusty, Dodig could take a set if he serves well

·
Registered
10,598 Posts
Given Djokovic is playing I assume his shoulder has recovered.

If he retires injured or does what he did in the 3rd set in Basle I would consider it would indicate a very poor assessment and management of his physical condition and not very professional.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts