Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Interesting 1st time battle between the Serbian and Bosnian.

Dzumhur was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia in May 1992, exactly one month after Serbian forces laid siege to the city.

However, these days Damir often practices in Belgrade with Serbian players such as Troicki and Tipsarevic...

Dzumhur is coming off a big win here in Paris vs Tsitsipas.

Against other Big 5 members, Dzumhur has a 1-2 record vs. Rafa, forcing him to retire in 2016 Miami, but this year lost twice easily to Rafa outdoors in AO and Rome.
Dzumhur is 0-2 vs Federer, and 1 and 1 vs. Wawrinka just beating him in St. Petersburg this year, and has not played Murray.

Does the scrappy Dzumhur have any chance against the soon to be World #1?

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
14,499 Posts
Not really, Djokovic would really need to have an extremely off day for giving Dzumhur any half decent chance to win.
Even then he could break the Bosnian's serve yet again.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like a very early 12:30 start for No1e and Damir.

It would have been nice of Forget to give No1e a prime time slot to give him more time recover from his illness, but it looks like Federer-Fognini have that slot.

But maybe Forget knows something...

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Dzumhur was born in Sarajevo, Bosnia in May 1992, exactly one month after Serbian forces laid siege to the city.

However, these days Damir often practices in Belgrade with Serbian players such as Troicki and Tipsarevic...
Respectfully,
masterclass
You really needed to go there in a match prediction thread, respectfully?!
Your very own next sentence proving how much was that relevant in the context...

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
It looks like a very early 12:30 start for No1e and Damir.

It would have been nice of Forget to give No1e a prime time slot to give him more time recover from his illness, but it looks like Federer-Fognini have that slot.

But maybe Forget knows something...

Respectfully,
masterclass
You predicted it again! Who the hell are you? Forget? :surprise:

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Your very own next sentence proving how much was that relevant in the context...
Yes, I felt I had to. Please don't misunderstand intent of this like many might. With the other thread regarding the politicization of the Saudi Arabia tennis exhibition I wanted to provide some perspective that shows that tennis, countries, cultures, and the people involved can eventually rise above even the worst kind of situations that have occurred.

The two sentences written together form an expression of idea concession. The expected conclusion from the first sentence might be that Dzumhur would be forever unhappy or hateful with anything or anyone connected with Serbia. But instead, he eventually went to Belgrade and formed beneficial relationships with the people there, mainly it appears, because of tennis. The contrast/surprise between the two sentences is meant to be extreme. I myself was encouraged by this story when I read about it in a tennis.com article about Dzumhur.

Admittedly, it sometimes takes some years and perhaps generations to see changes in attitudes and perceptions after horrors of war. One would guess that is natural. But it is a positive or optimistic measure of the human condition that eventually many people who make up societies and different cultures can eventually move on and get along in the present.

Thanks for your concern. :hug:

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
You predicted it again! Who the hell are you? Forget? :surprise:
Channeling pepita can sometimes provide amazing results. I hope she will be reinstated before the next season. ;)

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Banned
15,396 Posts

Interesting 1st time battle between the Serbian and Bosnian.

Dzumhur is coming off a big win here in Paris vs Tsitsipas.

Against other Big 5 members, Dzumhur has a 1-2 record vs. Rafa, forcing him to retire in 2016 Miami, but this year lost twice easily to Rafa outdoors in AO and Rome.
Dzumhur is 0-2 vs Federer, and 1 and 1 vs. Wawrinka just beating him in St. Petersburg this year, and has not played Murray.

Does the scrappy Dzumhur have any chance against the soon to be World #1?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Why bring war and politics here :smash: Completely off topic and totally unnecessary.
And offensive. I come here to read and talk about tennis, not to see my nation being bashed for no reason at all, except because we have the best player in the world.
Enough already!!!!!

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Indeed. Noting respectful about what he did there and totally unnecessary. I wonder why he had to do it.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Yes, I felt I had to. Please don't misunderstand intent of this like many might. With the other thread regarding the politicization of the Saudi Arabia tennis exhibition I wanted to provide some perspective that shows that tennis, countries, cultures, and the people involved can eventually rise above even the worst kind of situations that have occurred.

The two sentences written together form an expression of idea concession. The expected conclusion from the first sentence might be that Dzumhur would be forever unhappy or hateful with anything or anyone connected with Serbia. But instead, he eventually went to Belgrade and formed beneficial relationships with the people there, mainly it appears, because of tennis. The contrast/surprise between the two sentences is meant to be extreme. I myself was encouraged by this story when I read about it in a tennis.com article about Dzumhur.

Admittedly, it sometimes takes some years and perhaps generations to see changes in attitudes and perceptions after horrors of war. One would guess that is natural. But it is a positive or optimistic measure of the human condition that eventually many people who make up societies and different cultures can eventually move on and get along in the present.

Thanks for your concern. :hug:

Respectfully,
masterclass
The way you explained it, I believe it was worth a separate thread so it could be discussed properly, because here and now it's kinda off topic. It really didn't have any relevance in the match prediction thread. But since you mentioned it...

I suspected for a while that you might be from some of the ex-YU states, or at least be of the west Balkans origins, since you kept changing the nation flag in your profile here. But if you were from these regions I'd expect you would have a better understanding of the dynamics between our nations and not fall for the usual media generalizations on the topic of the conflicts in the ex-YU.

The majority of people from our nations never had anything against each other. It was the tards on all sides that set the toxic atmosphere for the conflict. Unfortunately, as we know from this very board, tards make all the noise, while reasonable people usually keep quiet. There is another distinctive "quality" of the tards, they like rolling in mud and enjoy dragging others in their mud, so opposing them is really really hard if you want to escape being dragged in the mud. That makes the essence of my sig :wink2:

So there is really no controversy in Dzumhur being born in war time Sarajevo but training occasionally in Serbia with our players. It has nothing to do with healing the war wounds, it's just being a normal person and not a tard.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Why bring war and politics here :smash: Completely off topic and totally unnecessary.
And offensive. I come here to read and talk about tennis, not to see my nation being bashed for no reason at all, except because we have the best player in the world.
Enough already!!!!!
Please, mate, hold your horses... Your overreactions makes it really hard to have a case.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
It was the tards on all sides that set the toxic atmosphere for the conflict. .
That's absurd oversimplification and far from rational explanation.
Wars don't happen for such menial reasons.

Anyway, I'll take open hate of monofed and guitarra any day over "respectful" mastertroll.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
That's absurd oversimplification and far from rational explanation.
Wars don't happen for such menial reasons.

Anyway, I'll take open hate of monofed and guitarra any day over "respectful" mastertroll.
I'm aware of the oversimplification, but this is simply not the place for anything more then this.
Wars certainly don't happen for such menial reasons, but tards are the best instruments for initiating them.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I'm aware of the oversimplification, but this is simply not the place for anything more then this.
Wars certainly don't happen for such menial reasons, but tards are the best instruments for initiating them.
Couldn't put it better myself.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Please, mate, hold your horses... Your overreactions makes it really hard to have a case.
LOL you are not going to tell me how I am going to react to racism and xenophobia. By this you just support trolls in their unjustified bashing.

So leave me alone and move on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts