Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge chance for The Real North America No.1 here.

We all do know that Sock, when he is on, is top 10 material.

His ground game is just a joy to watch.

But he is still the underdog here.

Come on Jack. Du kannst es machen. Tu peux faire ça.

Sock in easy 3.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Dominic's first serve was terrible today so he could be in trouble against a motivated Sock. But we all know who deserves it more.

·
Registered
5,664 Posts
Time to hit the road, Jack.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
King of McDonalds Paris is back. Having made sure that he won't have to play WTF in singles now he's playing even more freely than one year ago. My prediction:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Would love to see Sock win this but it's probably next to impossible on such slow court.
Anyway, go Sock! Do it...for the president :p

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Would love to see Sock win this but it's probably next to impossible on such slow court.
Sock is even worse than Thiem on fast courts. Not to mention that this tournament wasn't any faster last year when he won it, or in 2016 when he routined Thiem...

·
9,928 Posts
THIEM-CORIC was the best quality match so far in PARIS .
Really? I mean it had loads of drama and was never boring to watch really, but the quality itself was not good honestly
I suppose, I would argue there have been no other matches of greater quality ( which might not be saying much to this point) , just the best I've watched thus far.

·
23,063 Posts
What's with this whiplash -- the minute Domi beat Simon, it was like easy peasy and he'll be an SF shoo-in, and now just because he escaped Coric, it's like Sock's the favorite. :lol:

·
justice for all
13,109 Posts
Dominic should take this one pretty comfortably. He is a much superior player who when on is very tough to beat on any surface not just clay.

If Dominic plays smart and keeps his 1st serve % on a decent level of minimum 58-59% he will obliterate Sock.

The future number 1 Dominic Thiem in 2 sets, maybe one of them close.

Come on, Dominic, time to send the American back to MacDonald's!

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
What's with this whiplash -- the minute Domi beat Simon, it was like easy peasy and he'll be an SF shoo-in, and now just because he escaped Coric, it's like Sock's the favorite. :lol:
On MTF, you're only ever as good as your last match. Since Sock bagelled the mighty Jaziri while Thiem scraped by a nonentity in Coric, the American naturally has the upper hand :D

·
justice for all
13,109 Posts
Sock is even worse than Thiem on fast courts. Not to mention that this tournament wasn't any faster last year when he won it, or in 2016 when he routined Thiem...
H2H is actually 2-1 in favour of Dominic, all 3 matches on HC. Dominic made quick work of Sock in Miami and breadsticked him in Indian Wells. It amazes me how you never stop hating Thiem.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts