Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win this challenger event in Guadeloupe?

• Rochus

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Lu

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blake

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Roger-Vasselin

• Mahut

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Paire

• Clement

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Becker

• Goffin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just like Dallas a couple weeks ago, this challenger event in Le Gosier, Guadeloupe is an event that is being played during the middle of the Miami Masters. Several players who lost early in Miami are here at this event. With Miami being as boring an event as it has become this year, most of my tennis attention has diverted here. Who do you all think will take this event? Vote up!

[1WC] Rochus-Serra
[WC] Ouanna-Chiudinelli
Kudryatsev-Elias
Qualifier-[9] Pospisil

[3WC] Blake-Duclos
Fabbiano-Zverev
Qualifier-[WC] Mina
Zemlja-[5] Kunitsyn

[7] Ito-Qualifier
Dutra Da Silva-Becker
Qualifier-Clement
Authom-[4] Roger-Vasselin

[8] Paire-Bubka
Sugita-Brugues-Davi
Goffin-Russell
Qualifier-[2] Lu

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd root for Olli in any other situation, but I can't do it here since Florent needs the points and needs a big run, if he can't get into the top 100 for the French cutoff, to earn a WC spot. That match really sucks. But if Olli does beat Florent, I'd like to see him make the finals.

I have to root for Arno over Benni Becker for the same reason :lol:

At least I have many favorites to choose from here. It means I HOPEFULLY will not be disappointed by this event and someone good will win it.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Blake-Clement final would be awesome :D

·
Registered
22,617 Posts
Pospisil

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Why is Miami boring this year, and how can an entire Master's Series event be dubbed boring just a few days into the main draw?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
As for the poll, I voted Clement, as I think the crafty veteran will pick up some much needed points on home soil this week.

·
Registered
22,617 Posts
when everyone you follow is ranked worse than 50th in the world most tournament tend to be boring after a couple rounds:lol:

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
James win something please, at least a challenger

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Surprised Blake is playing.

Either he's trying to pass Young in the rankings and get in for the Olympics or just trying to get some momentum before his last hurrah in the fall. Or both.
Decent decision I guess.

I'm feeling maybe Becker or Rochus for the title.

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mahut withdrew due to a wrist injury and Pospisil took his spot in the MD. Should make it easier for the Olli/Florent winner to make the SF, and that's good.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts