Votes: 12 85.7%
  • Bellucci

Votes: 2 14.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Zverev looks really solid on grass this year with his two loses to Troicki and Karlovic, both in 3 sets. In first round he cruised past Kukushkin 60 62 (who sucks on grass btw). I don't see Bellucci to be good grass court player with the way he plays, two meters behind baseline - even if he can adapt somehow Zverev should take this in 2

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Alexander should take this one! :yeah:

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Zverev looks really solid on grass this year with his two loses to Troicki and Karlovic, both in 3 sets. In first round he cruised past Kukushkin 60 62 (who sucks on grass btw). I don't see Bellucci to be good grass court player with the way he plays, two meters behind baseline - even if he can adapt somehow Zverev should take this in 2
:confused:

Bellucci isn't a good grass player indeed, but since when he plays 2 meters behind the baseline? He's one of the most agressive players on the tour. Much more agressive than Zverev for example.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Bellucci isn't a good grass player indeed, but since when he plays 2 meters behind the baseline? He's one of the most agressive players on the tour. Much more agressive than Zverev for example.
what I meant is that Bellucci will not move forward which is essential on grass.
Zverev rushes to net a lot, at least on grass. it gives him Adv here over Thomaz.

·
Registered
7,184 Posts

Yess Bellucci is the Brazilian Verdasco. Even the chokes are similar. But his tennis is sugar when he's on

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
what I meant is that Bellucci will not move forward which is essential on grass.
Zverev rushes to net a lot, at least on grass. it gives him Adv here over Thomaz.
Bellucci isn't a good grass courter, but he can play well at times.

Zverev is surely the favorite because of more practice on court, but the point is: Thomaz isn't a player who plays deep in the baseline like you said previously. He'll try to dictate points with the serve-forehand combo in the service games and return deep in the return games.

Some good matches by Bellucci in the grass I remember:
- beat Dimitrov in Queens 2011, saved match points.
- defeated by Cilic in a 3rd set in the same Queens 2011.
- won a set against Tsonga in OG's 2012.

Sadly the match is now scheduled to court 2 and won't be streamed I guess. :sad:

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
Yes the real reasons for Bellucci not being good on grass:

- He's Brazilian, country of claybots
- He plays with an extreme grip good for clay / slow hc
- His best weapon, the forehand is surely not the most compact shot in the world, far from that
- Not a volleyer
etc. etc. :D

·
Bring it Home
20,353 Posts
Yes the real reasons for Bellucci not being good on grass:

- He's Brazilian, country of claybots
- He plays with an extreme grip good for clay / slow hc
- His best weapon, the forehand is surely not the most compact shot in the world, far from that
- Not a volleyer
etc. etc. :D
The first 3 reasons can be said for Nadal also (just changing Brazil for Spain) though and he won 2 titles there.

I'm not saying Bellucci should've won titles on grass, but his agressive game can be successful in faster surfaces too, he just doesn't do that often. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts