• Kenny wins against Smith and against Baghdatis/Kudla in tight matches

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kenny wins against Smith but loses against Baghdatis/Kudla

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Kenny wins against Smith but tanks against Baghdatis/Kudla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smith (probably playing at his prime level) defeats Kenny

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Kenny directly tanks his match against Smith: ATP tournaments are what matters

• Kenny opponents don't show up so Kenny receives two W/O

• It rains the whole day in Nottingham

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tough and tiring day for our man. Today he hammered Rice as it was expected. He still won in three sets, but the first set was like a practice set, after losing it Kenny raised his level to 30% and that was enough. Tomorrow it will be a very tough day because of rain delays: two matches in one day, R16 and QF. I create this thread for both matches as the time between the matches will be very short.

In the first match, Kenny plays against John-Patrick Smith, who defeated the Australian youngster Kyrgios, who is a future TOP100 player but still a little bit overrated IMO. John-Patrick Smith got some good victories last year and I saw him playing against Haase this year, he did it good. However, I think he won't be able to handle Kenny's serve and sexy net game. So I should say that that Kenny will win in two sets, maybe one tie break in one of them.

In the second match, Kenny will play against Kudla or Baghdatis. If Kudla is the one then it should be a good chance to win despite the fact that Kudla is a fair good player. If he plays against Baghdatis, then I have to say that it will be a very very difficult match. Kenny gets always unlucky with the draws. The key point will be putting the ball inside the court when resting Baghdatis serve and then start to construct the point as Kenny knows ;) Rooting for Kenny in three sets.

It exists the possibility, once again, to see Kenny tanking. Two matches in one day are too much and he got scheduled in Court 4 for the first match, which is crazy and disappointing from the organizers. Plus he needs to play his best tennis in Queens next week. So, while a lot of the Nottingham players are in the most important tournament of their grass seasons (in terms of Main Draw play), Kenny is in the least important of all of them. So the motivation will be a factor as well.

Anyway, it is a victory for humanity every time that De Schepper hits a backhand or a drop shot. The King of Grass marches on. Go Kenny!

·
Registered
12,469 Posts
This. JPStards are the most clueless people on MTF, but how can you not be a JPStard? The man is a living legend.
No. Why? I only watch JPS.
Who ever said he can't fly over to Yokohama after JPS destroys him in straights?
No. JPS had a better season.
JPS is the next GOAT. He has a larger fanbase than the average top 10 vulture :shrug:
JPS in 2 :rocker2:
I have quite the impressive array of JPS posts. These are just a select few that express my feelings towards JPS best. Having said that, I still believe that Sir Kennith of Schepper will take this one easily - he's that good.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Baghdatis will beat him if they meet. Kenny does have a huge serve, especially on grass but he is not well rounded.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I really don't get these threads about De Schepper, big write-ups pretending as though he's not lucky to just be hanging around the top one hundred. He hasn't shown anything in his game that suggests he's some sort of rising star or hidden talent with a misleading ranking. He lost a set to a player ranked around 300 in the first round, he's the favourite against JP Smith, but certainly not overwhelmingly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go out in R16.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Just in case anyone cares - the Bagman beat De Schepper 6-4, 7-6 (1) today. That's two wins in one day for him. He plays number one seed Sijsling tomorrow.

If Marcos wins that then I'll start to believe he might be able to put in a good showing at Queens and/or Wimbledon...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Expected win for Baggy. Good to see him stringing some together, would be nice for him to get a run going over the grass court season and build up some points.

Hopefully we won't see any more threads like this from VamosRafaNadal dedicated to heaping bizarre praise on De Schepper, keep that to a fan forum rather than posting an essay in every WWW thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts