Mens Tennis Forums banner

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kei coming into this match having thrown two huge stinkers. According to what I hear, Dominic appears to be in very poor form as well, despite his decent 2nd set against KAndy.

Tough call this one.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
A real battle for position #7 and #8 in this tournament.

Thiem at least played one decent set out of 4, Kei played a total of zero.

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
Nishikori in two. Everything above 4 games for Thiem would be a massive surprise.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
A real battle for position #7 and #8 in this tournament.

Thiem at least played one decent set out of 4, Kei played a total of zero.
Kei's 2nd set against Federer was also decent, I guess

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Wouldn't it be fun if they played an epic match?

Then we're going to see people on MTF predicting both are the favourites for the Aussie Open and no one even comes close to their current form. Fun times!

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,335 Posts
Hopefully Roger wins his next match, in which case I want Thiem to salvage his tournament and win this one match. That will keep Shitikori out of the semi-finals (he doesn't deserve to go further after that display today) and allow Roger and Anderson to go through. The tournament wins.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Interesting to see that both Federer and Anderson should support Thiem, while both Thiem and Nishikori should support Anderson in the other battle.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Nishikori should win this technique-wise but mentally he can't be fine after consuming double bakery products.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Last year, Goffin beat Nadal in his first match then lost against Dimitrov 6/1 6/0 or something like this too, then in his third match recovered very well and beat Thiem to qualify. So I guess, that Nishikori with the same style of play should be able to do the same and Thiem's game suit him. That's the charm of the WTF finals (it is a bit like a group stage in a football World Cup competition), Nishikori played an awful match against Kandy, but if he beats Thiem in two sets, he has a very good chance to qualify and would put a lot of pressure on Federer who should then win in 2 sets against Kandy and then we should calculate the number of games won....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts