Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will win

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The repeat of the amazing Beijing final, hopefully we will see a lot of drama and long rallies. H2H 4-2 for Dominic. Tennis wins either way no matter the winner. Personally, I couldn't imagine better final than that.

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Hopefully Thiem wins the title he deserves it so much. With that said, even if he loses the improvements on HC this year are astonishing and hopefully he can translate this level in Grand Slams as well.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Stef has looked better in the Semis but i give Domi an edge, he is so tough mentally, and has that extra Demonic gear to blow the opposition of the court. Also unbeatable in deciding sets..
that said this tournament has shown to be very unpredictable, so a Stef victory would not surprise me, nor dissapoint. he also is ripe for a big title..

·
justice for all
18,080 Posts
I'm not sure about the outcome of this final.
Dominic wasn't great today. Something was troubling him maybe the flu after-effects?
Judging by their respective SF performances Stefanos played better and might be perceived as the favourite.
But tomorrow is a different day so it's possible Dominic's best game is back and then he should win it. I'll be rooting for him of course. But if Stefanos wins it that's fine, I like him too.
Come on, Domi! Take the biggest title of your career. That would give you extra belief and motivation to win a slam next year.

·
Registered
7,191 Posts
If it's as good as the beijing final we are going to have a cracking match but i doubt it as the pressure will be quite big.

·
Banned
3,349 Posts
I don’t really care who wins but I think it’ll be a tight 3 setter that will consist of plenty of good tennis. I think Thiem will edge it out in the web just because I think he is the better big match player and is a little clutcher.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
guitarrabowl!

Anyway, it is refreshing to finally see couple of youngsters playing finals of a big tournament. I like Thiem better than the Greek, and would like to think he had very solid chances to win it all

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The mister nice guy (too nice for his own good, as so often mentioned here), who luckily enough can turn himself into one hell of a demonic fighter on court, to win the final is all I wish for.

Yet I fear for the Greek, as he's not been affected by the flu and was playing well in the semis against Fed.

I value humbleness far too much to be able to support Stef. Some of his antics have put me off. However, I do enjoy his playing style, so not all is lost if he wins. Hopefully he'll turn into a more likeable person when he gets older, as we'll clearly have him around for a while.

Ps. Just changed my avatar for the rest of the season, as Andy's not playing and Domi truly deserves all the attention and praise he can get for the magnificent play on hard courts lately. Andy will definitely be back though (and I've hopefully managed to zoom myself well enough out of the new avatar, wanted smthng more personal with this smashing guy I know personally to a certain extent though).

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'd prefer Thiem to take this and prove once and for all that he's a genuine force to be reckoned with on hard courts as well as clay, but then again it's about time Tsitsipas finally won a big title seeing as he's gone deep in so many of them already. Regardless, whoever wins this will be full of confidence heading into the AO.

I think Stef takes it in 3 tough sets.

Reactions: guitarra and Meles

·
Registered
457 Posts
The mister nice guy (too nice for his own good, as so often mentioned here), who luckily enough can turn himself into one hell of a demonic fighter on court, to win the final is all I wish for.

Yet I fear for the Greek, as he's not been affected by the flu and was playing well in the semis against Fed.

I value humbleness far too much to be able to support Stef. Some of his antics have put me off. However, I do enjoy his playing style, so not all is lost if he wins. Hopefully he'll turn into a more likeable person when he gets older, as we'll clearly have him around for a while.

Ps. Just changed my avatar for the rest of the season, as Andy's not playing and Domi truly deserves all the attention and praise he can get for the magnificent play on hard courts lately. Andy will definitely be back though (and I've hopefully managed to zoom myself well enough out of the new avatar, wanted smthng more personal with this smashing guy I know personally to a certain extent though).
The Muzziah leading Britain to Davis Cup Finals triumph this week.:love:

·
Registered
8,969 Posts
Rooting for Domi. I cant stand Tsitispas for all kinds of reasons. Domi is such a nice guy, very humble, shy I think. I think Domi will take it in 3.

Reactions: SetPointDown

·
Registered
8,092 Posts
Thiem has had a great tournament: he beat two Big3 legends and last year's champion. I see him as a slight favourite. However, Tsitsipas will be fighting hard for this trophy, first big title in his carrer. I expect a very competitive match, hopefully there will be a lot of drama. Somehow I feel that Tsitsi will win in 3.

BTW I will have to divide my attention between this match and the evening session of amazing snooker duel between O'Sullivan and Trump.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts