Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope domi manages to get this one but i doubt he will. his return is nowhere near good enough to challenge isner's serve. Isner in 2 unfortunately is my view

·
Registered
19,485 Posts
Dominator to be dominated here in 2 sets by Isner.

:haha:

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
Against Isner doesn't matter much if you are a good or bad returner, it's about taking the opportunities. He can make even good returners look bad.

·
#TeamThiem
3,542 Posts
Isner in 2. If Domi can get the return in play he maybe has a chance, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I actually believed Thiem is returning better on bigger serves. He usually have problems on shots that he has a lot of options.

Go Thiem!!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I hope Isner loses here. I'm sick and tired of seeing him serve-botting more talented people. Without the serve, he's just a mediocre player who should be happy to be within the top 50. I don't know about his character, but tennis wise, he's very boring and is not an appropriate ambassador for the sport by any means. Having said that, I expect him to win this one and reach the finals.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Very simple tactics for Thiem here. he needs to stay concentrated and direct all his shots into the Isner back hand. He isn't good enough on return to break Isner so I think 2 tiebreaks would be required to win.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I honestly believe Thiem's game can match up well against Isner but we'll see. He seems to do a good job chipping back big serves and I can see Thiem's low slices troubling Isner too. Still, I see Isner as slightly favourite.

·
Bring it Home
20,646 Posts
I hope Isner loses here. I'm sick and tired of seeing him serve-botting more talented people. Without the serve, he's just a mediocre player who should be happy to be within the top 50. I don't know about his character, but tennis wise, he's very boring and is not an appropriate ambassador for the sport by any means. Having said that, I expect him to win this one and reach the finals.
Isner is indeed a servebot and he's surely terrible for tennis, but to be honest he also has great tennis awareness (much smarter than Karlovic for example).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts