Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who will outserve other guy in tie-breaks?

• Ivo

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • Sam

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a match between 2 big servers, many big serves and coming forward we can expect, both guys are pretty good volleyers. Ivo won their DElray beach meeting and i think he will win again, higher FS% in tie-breaks will decide

·
Registered
724 Posts
7-6(9-7), 6-7(10-8) , 7-6(50-48) for the one with more luck. There is no need to watch this match (if you don't want to fall a sleep ofc) just wait for the final tiebreak.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
The line with be over/under 25.5 i can already see it :lol:

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Groth will cause the upset.

Ivo has looked very sloppy. Samual has a big serve, don't see how Ivo beats him, all it takes is one of those sloppy games from Ivo and Samual has got his break.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
I hope the Doctor takes it, but his form's been iffy of late, and this isn't a matchup when you can have many mistakes.
I'm going with Ivo's superior experience and groundstrokes (I just wanted to say that once for a Ivo match :haha: ) in 3.

·
Registered
19,156 Posts

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
No odds yet but i'm sure it will be low

Tiebreak 1st set at Karlovic vs Sela was @2.10 before the match even started so you can imagine :lol:

·
Registered
57,606 Posts
Karlovic hasn't looked great, really. Stakhovsky broke him, but back looked to be bothering him, he couldn't serve and had tons of doubles. Struggled with Ginepri and Sela too. Still, Groth's return is shitty. If both serve 125 to the backhand 70% of the time they'll get to tiebreaks. I'll go with the upset, Groth 7-6 7-6.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I expected that Groth would do quite well here and especially on grass, but I'm still surprised that he reached the SF spot here, seems like he's mentally a bit stronger now. He definitely needs that mental toughness on this match-up, there will be at least one TB and IMO this will be a good test for Groth. To me this looks like a 50-50 match IF Groth keeps his focus. On the other hand Ivo has to defend his title and 250 points in Bogota next week, so he should be physically ready for another long week and it'll be interesting to see how that affects this match.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts