• Dr Ivo in 2

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Dr Ivo in 3

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Karlovic on grass is going to be tough for Sock. I'd put my money on Karlovic, but I'm rooting for Sock. I think Karlovic will win 7-6, 7-6, or 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, or something like that. But I'd love to see Sock pull the upset and move into the top 30.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I know this is going out on the limb, but I'm predicting we're going to see at least 1 break of serve in the match today. I think Ivo's going to take it in 3, but Sock is definitely dangerous and on his way up in the rankings, soon to be the top American.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
Why is Sock playing so soon after Wimbledon with a broken finger? I don't understand. He doesn't need the points, I don't think.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Why is Sock playing so soon after Wimbledon with a broken finger? I don't understand. He doesn't need the points, I don't think.
I suspect that finger wasn't really broken, he kept playing doubles the day after he said he broke it.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
What an opportunity for these guys, with the winner getting to play Rajeev Ram for the title.

·
Registered
5,096 Posts
I suspect that finger wasn't really broken, he kept playing doubles the day after he said he broke it.
Idk, he tweeted a picture of it in a protective coat and reported it as fractured. I just assumed he wouldn't really have to hit 2-h backhands in Doubles like at all (he didn't v. Murray/Peers iirc). But I guess you could make the argument that he rarely does in Singles anyway. Just seems risky; so many of these guys try and forgo proper recovery.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
needed the painless surgery from the doctor himself ;)

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Sock had many several chances to break Ivo during set 1 as Sock did a great job of returning Ivo's serve. Sock broke Ivo and then blew his service game game and they were even again. He lost the tie break by a wide margin and in set 2 Sock just seemed to lose interest and then the match was over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts