Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
68 years of experience combined for these two grass legends and it could prove to be the last chance at an ATP title for both of them

Third final in a row for Hewitt in Newport, lost in 2012 against Isner and last year against Mahut

It's interesting that Hewitt never managed to beat Karlovic on grass in three meetings. Will he do it for the first time tomorrow and win it all?

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
Legendary final. :bowdown: I'm very torn here who I want to win though, I'd have to slightly favour the Legend that is the Dr.

I think Hewitt in 3 though, realistically.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Wow what a final.

Hopefully Lleyton redeem himself after last year choke against another servebot.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Yes, Hewitt's going for title #30 and trying to become the 4th active male player with 30 or more career singles titles. Rogie 79, Rafa 64, Djokovic 45, and Hewitt currently has 29. Mugray fwiw has 28.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Lletyon to do another job on another big server in his career.

He's reached the final at Newport 3 seasons running, third time lucky it will be.

The best ball-absorber in the game and he has made a career in/of taking care of net-rushers. Here will be none-different. Absorb the serve and beat him with his savvy FAST grass-court game. ;)

ONE MORE TIME, CMON!

·
Bring it Home
20,320 Posts
Lletyon to do another job on another big server in his career.

He's reached the final at Newport 3 seasons running, third time lucky it will be.

The best ball-absorber in the game and he has made a career in/of taking care of net-rushers. Here will be none-different. Absorb the serve and beat him with his savvy FAST grass-court game. ;)

ONE MORE TIME, CMON!
Except that Leyton absolutely hates to play Ivo. :shrug:

Just checked, H2H 4-1 for Karlovic (3-0 on grass).

Leyton only victory came in RG 2009 (it was a 5 setter, he was down 0-2). In 3 matches on the grass, he won just 1 set and lost 7.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Except that Leyton absolutely hates to play Ivo. :shrug:

Just checked, H2H 4-1 for Karlovic (3-0 on grass).

Leyton only victory came in RG 2009 (it was a 5 setter, he was down 0-2). In 3 matches on the grass, he won just 1 set and lost 7.

REMEMBER THIS?

lol

Ivo was around 50/1 to win.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
How about my stat listed above? Hewitt trying to become only the 4th active male player with 30 career singles titles. Rogie 79, Rafa 64, Djokovic 45, Hewitt 29, Mugray 28.

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Imagine how these odds were standing when Leyton won the 1st set 6-1. :cool:
lol - Not sure they had inplay betting on the internet back then, or did they?

·
Banned
9,211 Posts

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
It's kind of neat to see Rusty still playing at 33 and going for title #30, if anyone deserves to get to #30 after all of these years playing, it's him (more so than a Ferrer or a Davydenko).

·
Banned
9,211 Posts
Are you sure?
I remember it being brandished around as being of a ridiculous figure, so fairly sure it was around that mark, yeah.

Think about it, back then Lleyton Hewitt was, what the world number 1 or 2? He was the Djokovic / Nadal of tennis and Karlovic was an unknown figure of a young newbie rookie, whom they heard had a good serve. It was the first round of Wimbledon and Lleyton was the defending champion.

He'd also won the masters cup the season before?

Which was the equivalent to the world tour finals.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts