Mens Tennis Forums banner

Who takes it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22,188 Posts
I was just looking at this, Philippoussis is at 2.15 at the bookies, pretty amazing at 38 after being out of the game since 2006.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
Philippoussis will be lucky to win 4 games.

·
Registered
15,791 Posts
I was just looking at this, Philippoussis is at 2.15 at the bookies, pretty amazing at 38 after being out of the game since 2006.
stupid odds, people must be buying for the name, disgusting

Quigley is close to his career high ranking, up 150 ranking places this year so in good form

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Seems to be some money in betting on Quigley.

38 year old that hasnt played in a long time vs a 26 yo in good shape and lots of match practice. Philippoussis could maybe keep the score respectable with his serve....but winning?

·
Registered
13,477 Posts
feels like many would be shocked here...and we will re-start the Agassi would beat Querrey type of BS threads :rolleyes:

This is very different than the Muster adventure, i called it then and my call here - Mark will win matches and get points. Hard to tell how much and where he will end up iin the rankings, but my feeling is him getting in top 1000 till the end of the season if playing enough events.

Watched some of him in the IPTL and it felt like he's playing genuine pro tennis, not high level legend tennis (like Goran or McEnroe). Him and Santoro just ruled their field hands down and while Fabrice is a bit slow, hasn't much power, nor serve, Mark seems to have all of these, so it will be very interesting to see what will happpen.

I expect him to win this one, but even if he doesn't, i'm pretty sure he'll be successful in this comeback, more than Muster was, granted.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Hopefully Quigley wins this with ease. Philippoussis was an overrated spolied brat when he played so I've no interest in him returning.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Quigley is a futures level mug while Mark belongs to another league even after so much time off he should win this.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Joachim Johansson had a sort of a similar run at Stockholm Open couple years back. He was quite good and won 3 qualifying and destroyed Alejandro Falla in R1 and have Milos Raonic who was top 10 a small fight. btw Greek is up a break already )

1 - 20 of 30 Posts