Mens Tennis Forums banner

who will take the singles crown and the US Open WC?

• Marcos Giron

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Alex Sarkissian

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Both of the players are American so this is for a US OPEN WILDCARD

Giron just beat Soren Hess-Olesen (Denmark) of Texas in the semis 7-5 6-3 and Sarkissian just beat surprise Denis Nguyen of Harvard 4-6 7-5 6-2 in the other semi

Giron of UCLA was the 2 seed and ran through the draw while Sarkissian of Pepperdine, the 28th ranked player and unseeded battles his way to the final. The final is tomorrow afternoon.

These two have met twice before with Giron winning 6-2 6-3 this year and Sarkissian winning 6-4 7-5 last year.

I think Giron will take this in 3 hard fought sets,

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Giron has a big game he should win this and be a regular in CH tour at least.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Giron has a big game he should win this and be a regular in CH tour at least.
he has one year left in college but he will almost for sure go pro after this, especially if he wins.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Is Novikov in College too? He's won an itf in Mexico this week but before that his results were disappointing I wonder if he still plays with 0 movement just make or miss from the 1st shot like he did in USO vs Janowicz and Benneteau.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Novikov in College too? He's won an itf in Mexico this week but before that his results were disappointing I wonder if he still plays with 0 movement just make or miss from the 1st shot like he did in USO vs Janowicz and Benneteau.
Novikov could have played 2 more years in college but he left after last year. He was not on UCLA's team this year. He might have been better to stay in because he has had little impact on the tour thus far, as much as he would have liked at least.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've been in Athens this week watching the action. Giron will win in straights.
he's the only top player who gave it their all this week. He deserves it

·
Registered
22,412 Posts
at least if Schnur lost to some unseeded guy it was an unseeded guy apparently playing really well

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
at least if Schnur lost to some unseeded guy it was an unseeded guy apparently playing really well
The Sark was extra inspired because his Pepperdine had a really down year and did not make the NCAA tournament and he wanted to go out on his own terms.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts